BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 141 - 150 of 807 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...81

Forum » Thread

New grip
Well, here's what I came up with: Another minicell foam grip...a bit larger this time, more ergonomic, and tailored to my left hand (I'm only using one pole now...in my left hand). Yes, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
June 05, 10:53am

Re: Rusty's Neck Peck
Thanks, Erik. I think it'll work pretty well for me.

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
June 05, 8:25am

Re: vireo
I don't know, Anthony. All I know for sure is the loft I measured....between the baffles as shown in the photo in my first post. EDIT: To clarify, I did not ask that the baffles be changed.....

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
June 03, 9:00pm

Re: Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
Well, here's what I came up with. It's an older CRKT neck knife (Neck Peck, I believe) turned pocket knife that I had in my whitewater PFD. It's not perfect, but it suits my needs bette...

In GEAR » Anyone have the Buck Hartsook Ultralight....or Boker Grasshopper knife?
June 03, 4:19pm

Re: The WM Megalite, and borderline sizing
I'm 6' but only 150 lbs and found the Western Mountaineering "regular" to be too snug length wise...so had to send it back and trade for the 6'6" version. I wouldn't,...

In GEAR » The WM Megalite, and borderline sizing
June 01, 5:54pm

Vivobarefoot
I've been using the Breathos. Have used them on several overnighters and lots of day hiking in all types of terrain...minus much mud. Been packing in them with the insoles and day hiking withou...

In GEAR » Minimalist Footwear Recommendations for Hiking
May 21, 10:18am

Re: Vivobarefoot Neo Trail sizing.
I recently purchased my second set of Breathos. Love'em! With my first set, I couldn't decide, like you, with a 9.5 foot......so I purchased both the 42 and 43, from Zappos where shipping i...

In GEAR » Vivobarefoot Neo Trail sizing.
May 21, 8:45am

Breakdown spork
I had the same dilemma. My solution was to turn my Snow Peak ti spork into a breakdown. I cut the handle short enough to fit in my pot. I then cut the handle off a lexan spoon and slid on a 1.5&quo...

In GEAR » long, foldable spoon or spork
May 20, 9:14am

Did I imagine this or was there a forum on "health" here at one time?
Was really jazzed about the upcoming season...taking great pains to lighten my load by revamping, making, and modifying my gear. Then, boom! The dreaded knee problem. Was hoping to get the opinion ...

In GEAR » Did I imagine this or was there a forum on "health" here at one time?
May 19, 9:27pm

Sucess
I've lost count how many times I've used my "Squeeze"...on the same bag. Perhaps on a dozen overnights and one three-day. Most of the time is was just for me but for two of us on ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Bag Failure
May 11, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.