November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Russell Swanson (rswanson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midatlantic
About Me Russell Swanson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Russell Swanson

Showing 141 - 150 of 547 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: JMT or HST?
Thanks Kevin. I thought briefly about the TRT but I have to narrow the choices down! I have hiked the JMT thru Yosemite NP so I know how beautiful Lyell Canyon is. I'd be sorely tempted to d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT or HST?
February 11, 5:28pm

Re: Re: JMT or HST
Thanks Tony! Great info, and loved the pics. WAG bags- ah yes...will wait to tell the wife about this detail.

February 11, 1:28pm

Re: JMT or HST
Appreciate the replies folks. I am not too concerned with resupply/packweight issues at this point...more thinking about which trail provides a better hike for us. The HST is appealing if it offe...

February 11, 11:02am

Re: JMT or HST?
Allright Chris, question #2 for you. Is it possible to hike the HST without a bear can or is this not possible/terribly inconvenient? The SEKI website has a link to their locations but it's n...

February 11, 7:32am

While wifey and I may hike the entire JMT this year, we might have time constraints that limit us to a week of hiking (like, should we hike for a week then take some time to put the pounds back on ...

February 11, 6:35am

Re: ENFP...Seem to be in the minority
"ENFP Extraverted.....33 Intuitive.......12 Feeling.........31 Perceiving......78 I think David and I will need to have our own little support group for the non-INTJ crowd." - said...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
February 04, 1:00pm

Re: "FS: UL Gear"
Thom, I will take the tarp but cannot send payment until 10/10 at earliest as I am out the door in a few hours, on a hike. If you want to make the sale before that date feel free to let Dave ha...

In Gear Swap » "FS: UL Gear"
October 03, 10:49am

MLD Tarp
Thom, I am interested in the tarp but I see Troy is too. I don't know if my question puts me to the front of the line so in interest of avoiding another Gear Swap battle royale I'll def...

October 02, 8:52pm

Re: "FS: UL Gear"
I PM'd you on the MLD tarp. Are there any mods to the tarp or is it as listed on MLD's site? Thanks!

October 02, 6:57pm

Re: How much Down Leak is normal?
I have the same bag and get the occasional quills poking through and, much more rarely, a down cluster. There must be tens of thousands of feathers in the bag though so I wouldn't even give it...

In GEAR » How much Down Leak is normal?
October 02, 2:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Russell Swanson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
This is a little dated as the new Ether series has since replaced my POE pad but I still feel the review is relevant due as a statement about the company. First, the pad is comfortable, so I won'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:48pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I'll be posting a similar review under the POE Max Thermo regarding the quality of the pad. First, the pad is as comfortable as advertised, so I won't go into details about this. My comments ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:41pm

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I also had difficulties securing the seal on the on the OP Sak in both a Bear Vault and an Ursak (w/aluminum liner). The OP Sak is square and the bear containers are round. Perhaps a better design w...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 22, 9:42am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
I don't need to add to the comments about the jacket's usefulness and breathability. I practicaly live in mine on the trail. I'm dinging the perfect rating down to a 3/5 for two reasons;...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 03, 4:33pm

ULA Conduit
A lot of superlatives have been already said in the above reviews and I don't have a lot to add, other comments about the pad sleeve. It was clearly designed to accept self inflating 3/4 length p...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 10:57am

REI Quarterdome
If you must have a double walled tent, this one is hard to beat. For the price, you're getting a great package. I've had the Quarter Dome for a few years now and it's been quite a serv...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
March 21, 5:18pm

ULA Equipment
Aside from Brian's phenomenal products (which are well documented), I recently had a great experience shopping with ULA. While researching a new pack purchase, Brian Frankle my emails to ULA Equi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 14, 1:58pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Ok, I'll admit that I'm posting this review just to see what it does to my BPL rating. Oh the vanity! I bought this bag sight unseen, based largely on Western Mountaineering’s reputation within th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 30, 6:02pm