BPL Community Profile

Russell Swanson (rswanson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midatlantic
About Me Russell Swanson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Russell Swanson

Showing 141 - 150 of 547 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: JMT or HST?
Thanks Kevin. I thought briefly about the TRT but I have to narrow the choices down! I have hiked the JMT thru Yosemite NP so I know how beautiful Lyell Canyon is. I'd be sorely tempted to d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT or HST?
February 11, 5:28pm

Re: Re: JMT or HST
Thanks Tony! Great info, and loved the pics. WAG bags- ah yes...will wait to tell the wife about this detail.

February 11, 1:28pm

Re: JMT or HST
Appreciate the replies folks. I am not too concerned with resupply/packweight issues at this point...more thinking about which trail provides a better hike for us. The HST is appealing if it offe...

February 11, 11:02am

Re: JMT or HST?
Allright Chris, question #2 for you. Is it possible to hike the HST without a bear can or is this not possible/terribly inconvenient? The SEKI website has a link to their locations but it's n...

February 11, 7:32am

JMT or HST?
While wifey and I may hike the entire JMT this year, we might have time constraints that limit us to a week of hiking (like, should we hike for a week then take some time to put the pounds back on ...

February 11, 6:35am

Re: ENFP...Seem to be in the minority
"ENFP Extraverted.....33 Intuitive.......12 Feeling.........31 Perceiving......78 I think David and I will need to have our own little support group for the non-INTJ crowd." - said...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
February 04, 1:00pm

Re: "FS: UL Gear"
Thom, I will take the tarp but cannot send payment until 10/10 at earliest as I am out the door in a few hours, on a hike. If you want to make the sale before that date feel free to let Dave ha...

In Gear Swap » "FS: UL Gear"
October 03, 10:49am

MLD Tarp
Thom, I am interested in the tarp but I see Troy is too. I don't know if my question puts me to the front of the line so in interest of avoiding another Gear Swap battle royale I'll def...

October 02, 8:52pm

Re: "FS: UL Gear"
I PM'd you on the MLD tarp. Are there any mods to the tarp or is it as listed on MLD's site? Thanks!

October 02, 6:57pm

Re: How much Down Leak is normal?
I have the same bag and get the occasional quills poking through and, much more rarely, a down cluster. There must be tens of thousands of feathers in the bag though so I wouldn't even give it...

In GEAR » How much Down Leak is normal?
October 02, 2:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Russell Swanson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
This is a little dated as the new Ether series has since replaced my POE pad but I still feel the review is relevant due as a statement about the company. First, the pad is comfortable, so I won'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:48pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I'll be posting a similar review under the POE Max Thermo regarding the quality of the pad. First, the pad is as comfortable as advertised, so I won't go into details about this. My comments ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:41pm

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I also had difficulties securing the seal on the on the OP Sak in both a Bear Vault and an Ursak (w/aluminum liner). The OP Sak is square and the bear containers are round. Perhaps a better design w...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 22, 9:42am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
I don't need to add to the comments about the jacket's usefulness and breathability. I practicaly live in mine on the trail. I'm dinging the perfect rating down to a 3/5 for two reasons;...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 03, 4:33pm

ULA Conduit
A lot of superlatives have been already said in the above reviews and I don't have a lot to add, other comments about the pad sleeve. It was clearly designed to accept self inflating 3/4 length p...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 10:57am

REI Quarterdome
If you must have a double walled tent, this one is hard to beat. For the price, you're getting a great package. I've had the Quarter Dome for a few years now and it's been quite a serv...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
March 21, 5:18pm

ULA Equipment
Aside from Brian's phenomenal products (which are well documented), I recently had a great experience shopping with ULA. While researching a new pack purchase, Brian Frankle my emails to ULA Equi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 14, 1:58pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Ok, I'll admit that I'm posting this review just to see what it does to my BPL rating. Oh the vanity! I bought this bag sight unseen, based largely on Western Mountaineering’s reputation within th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 30, 6:02pm