Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 141 - 150 of 548 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...55

Forum » Thread

DAM weight
Mine weighs 18.4 oz, and it measures 60x24x2.5, mummy style. It's double the weight of my neoair short, but I had already decided I wanted something longer, somewhere in the 13 oz range, and w...

In GEAR » NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
March 28, 12:17pm

Good DAM news
I got to test-drive my KookaBay DAM last night. I was in pretty much the same conditions as a few weeks ago - about 5 feet of snow, temperatures in the low 30's and upper 20's, same SMD Wi...

March 27, 10:28pm

Our new little hiker
Hooray! He's here! I'm glad you all are doing well. Congratulations!!!!!!

In Chaff » Our new little hiker
March 27, 7:12pm

Small vs regular Neo Air
John's comments: "My biggest complaint was keeping my pack under my feet, the pad under my torso, and the pillow under my head all at the same time. With the tossing and turning I do it wa...

In GEAR » Small vs regular Neo Air
March 22, 2:07pm

sauces for dinner (pre-made)
I wouldn't. The vinegar is also an important part of the taste, in addition to the preservability, and is not too strong to need cutting back.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » sauces for dinner (pre-made)
March 21, 5:35pm

sauces for dinner
I just wanted to thank you again, Mike!, for these wonderful sauce recipes. I've made the mideastern one twice already and alternate that one with the Thai one for lunches at work and for dinn...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » sauces for dinner (pre-made)
March 18, 9:14pm

Many Hikers in Need
I actually thought of you, Kendall, when we all piled on the bandwagon to help Don. There are a lot of people who would benefit from each other's good will, but some go more unnoticed and unhe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
March 16, 12:00pm

NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
Ben - the same thing happened to me last week. I used a short Neoair with a 1/8" ccf pad under it, and another one over it as a sandwich. Temps got down to high 20's. I was just cold en...

March 14, 6:28pm

Trashy Souper Rice
Oh, gag, and pffft! I've heard pregnant people start doing really weird things right before they deliver. This proves it. Think about it, Sarah. By eating that soup you're feeding fun...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trashy Souper Rice
March 11, 8:14pm

Rocky Goretex socks
Lynn - The socks themselves are pretty waterproof, but water would get in over the tops if you were submerged deeper than the height of stretchy band on the tops of the socks.

In GEAR » Rocky Goretex socks
March 09, 3:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm