BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 141 - 150 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Finding game trails
Paul, It sounds like these trails are easy to find. Once you have found one, how do you hold it? That is,, how do you keep from losing it?

In Philosophy & Technique » Finding game trails
December 14, 10:46am

Re: Finding game trails
Sam, That sounds cool. How long is this goat trail?

December 14, 10:46am

Re: Peeing in your quilt
Robert -- what is ARC? And with a quilt you really don't need to get on your knees -- as PJ so aptly described above you just roll over and pee in the same spot.

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 13, 10:39pm

three in a mid
Mr Walnut -- ooops I mean PJ, Did you post elsewhere that you are a bivy-bag fan? You'd want to wear that in our mid to protect yourself from our inability to control our urine streams ...

December 13, 9:46pm

Finding game trails
How do you find animal trails when off trail hiking? Where do you look?

December 13, 9:43pm

coated fabric drying times
Has anyone investigated the drying times of coated or waterproof fabrics? For example, how does silicon impregnated nylon dry comapred to polyurethane coated nylons? I am thinking here of she...

In GEAR » coated fabric drying times
December 13, 1:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Making a sleeping system warmer
PJ and Andy, Right. This is all very counterintuitive. However, try a pee bottle if you get too cold getting out of your bag to pee. Better yet, try it for yourseldf, in the cold. Go for thre...

December 13, 12:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Making a sleeping system warmer
PJ, Yep her bladder gets full, and she empties it (she says she drinks 2/3 of a L and gets up twice in the night to pee). We sleep in a Megamid sized shelter so there's plenty of room to pee...

December 13, 8:42am

Re: Making a sleeping system warmer
My wife is petite and gets cold outdoors easily. She's found that the best way to warm up a sleep system is to change all the clothes she wore hiking during the day and put on "sleep cloth...

December 12, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Model vs reality
BD, BTW you had me laughing out loud with your comments and the exchange with CP. It was as if you two had orchistrated a straight man funny man act. Good fun. I was L-ingOL (or is it LOL_ing?) ...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 11, 10:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.