BPL Community Profile

Chris Benson (roguenode) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Chris Benson has not added a biography yet.
StateCO
My PDF Gear List3 season above treeline, bug, rain, 30 degree list - 12.7lbs

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Benson

Showing 141 - 150 of 422 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: Help me lighten/refine my approach to water treatment (FirstNeed vs. filter+tabs vs. steripen vs. ??)
For smallest/lightest I use micropur tabs (chlorine dioxide). However, most of the time, I bring a steripen opti and a few micropur tabs as backup. The lack of wait time after treatment is nice.

In GEAR » Help me lighten/refine my approach to water treatment (FirstNeed vs. filter+tabs vs. steripen vs. ??)
January 04, 4:41pm

you're not alone
"That's what I do. Also made a cozy. It's just the bag thing..." FBC meals = yes! Reconstitute & eat in bag = not for me.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I don't like Freezer Bag Cooking
January 01, 10:57pm

Re: Re: gg the one
"Thanks Chris, I have been leaning toward the GG but the length and price were both an issue on paper. I have a Squall 2 by Tarptent and have been very pleased with its construction for the pr...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment vs GG The One
December 31, 7:10pm

gg the one
I have a gg the one and love it. Weight is 16.05 ounces on my scale, 16.45 with stuff sack, 19 with my stakes. I've used it around the midwest, and in Colorado up to treeline. Potential con&...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment vs GG The One
December 31, 6:36pm

stake type
I would likely get a dozen or so Ti-Eye.

In Gear Deals » Titanium Tent Stakes
December 30, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Way cool!
"If you have ever dropped a Ti stake in long dead grass and spent 10 minutes searching for it, you know just how important the orange colour is. Seriously!" So true. My first thought o...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Tent Stakes
December 30, 4:55am

Interested
pm sent

In Gear Swap » Bibler Eldorado
December 29, 11:51am

RE: eVent as wind shirt
My Rab drillium works great as a wind shirt for me, particularly as there's usually a real chance of rain when/where I hike. When I know it's going to be dry, I'd prefer a houdini purel...

In GEAR » Dri-ducks + Windshirt vs. eVent ID Thru-Hiker
December 28, 12:26pm

Thanks Michael
That mobile atlas creator looks very promising. I sometimes use mytracks when running a trail for the first time. Any tips you can pass along for extending the battery life when tracking? Pl...

In GEAR » Android phone for tracking in romote areas
December 23, 10:45pm

Between sweet deals like this and the pay it forward threads, lots of bpl gear geeks have reasons to smile these days. Very nice to see!

In Gear Swap » Hilleberg Nallo 2 - red
December 21, 10:20am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Benson

Chris Benson has posted no reviews.