November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Krause (rmkrause) - BPL Guest

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Ryan Krause has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Krause

Showing 141 - 150 of 224 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: "Scented Trash Compactor Bag"
Costco comes to mind - you got a membership there?

In GEAR » Scented Trash Compactor Bag
July 31, 3:04pm

Re: Packing container for gooey trail concoction?"
What about something like the Hammer Nutrition Gel Flask? I've also seen empty toothpaste tubes that are designed to be refilled - something like this would shrink in size as you go and seem...

In GEAR » Packing container for gooey trail concoction?
July 31, 2:59pm

Re: Vegan backpacking food without a stove
Check out Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer - they have these green hemp protein bars. I think these may be close to what you are trying to experiment in creating your own bars. Trade Joes now c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vegan backpacking food without a stove
July 27, 11:58am

Re: Pouched wild salmon
As a big fan of Salmon - I was curious what the difference would be in terms of calories. Going to, closest options I could find were: Fish, salmon, red, canned, bones removed...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Easy UL Foods from the Grocery Store
July 27, 11:40am

Re: Electrolytes
I'd second Hammer Nutrition - The Endurolytes (capsules) or Hammer Gel - you can get a big bottle of the stuff and carry a small gel flask which you can refill (which they and other enduro nutr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Too hot to hike?
July 27, 11:09am

Re: Black Diamond Products?
Black Diamond is well known for their alpine, climbing and ski (a lot of it is Tele and Touring) equipment. I don't see them prescribing to ultra-light, perhaps alpine light instead.

In GEAR » Black Diamond Products?
July 27, 8:35am

Any pics yet?

In GEAR » Zia Fabrications Titanium Grill
June 27, 8:20pm

It's feasible
Well it's feasible, Nunatak makes a dual Arc Alpinist:

In GEAR » two-person winter quilts?
September 18, 1:33pm

Re: Refuge-X: preliminary review
Can you resize the first 2 photos? They are HUGE and cause the text to not word wrap, making reading difficult since you have to scroll.

In GEAR » Refuge-X: preliminary review
August 05, 5:57pm

Re: Trails in Colorado...
Backpacker has a forum specifically for discussion of the Rocky Mountains region too:;c=3

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trails in Colorado...
July 24, 10:53am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Krause

Ryan Krause has posted no reviews.