Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale London, UK
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 141 - 150 of 1034 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
The Rainbow is a good choice for tall folk too. Does surprisingly well in wind and snow when guyed out and trekking poles are used for added support. The roof liner option is worth getting also.

In GEAR » Withdrawal from the BPL brain trust (need tent advice)
May 17, 7:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
BTW, Polartec has come with a new "performance" bi-component wool fabric that puts wool next to skin but has a polyester face. Look for Polartec Power Wool in your favorite baselayer bran...

In GEAR » "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
May 17, 2:45am

Re: Re: Re: "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
Tests tests tests, yada yada yada http://www.prolitegear.com/site/best-baselayer-reviews-part1.html http://www.prolitegear.com/site/best-baselayer-reviews-part-2.html

May 17, 2:14am

Re: Re: Re: my tips
Most WPB membrane raingear works pretty well at keeping you warm AND dry when sedentary. Blocks any drafts and easy to vent too. And while I too appreciate our innate desire to be swaddled in a bla...

In Make Your Own Gear » Noob wants to make a summer quilt!!!
May 16, 9:51pm

Re: my tips
Instead of adding another 12oz in such relatively warm temps I would just sleep in all my layers including raingear with a synth parka like Nuclei or Thermawrap.

In Make Your Own Gear » Noob wants to make a summer quilt!!!
May 16, 7:52pm

Re: Re: Re: "Performance" wool. What is the draw?
Maybe because it was never very cold when your wool was very wet? Warm when wet is silliness when its cold. Not sure if its the wool or the synth promoters are responsible for this LIE. Wet is w...

May 16, 6:31pm

Re: more down or no down at the bottom of the sleeping bag
Yeah, this is news to me too. Any links to these "special alpine" sleeping bag OEM's? AFAIK, any alpinist that carries a sleeping bag also carries some kind of sleeping pad too, usual...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » more down or no down at the bottom of the sleeping bag.
May 15, 9:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Senz
The only effective wind-resistant design feature is adding more ribs. Umbrellas typically have 8 ribs or less. A truly wind resistant umbrella has 2x-3x more ribs. Naturally that means they are hea...

In GEAR » OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
May 15, 8:03pm

Re: Soylent Green is People
What's old is new again. Diet companies have been selling meals in a glass since the 1950's. Personally, I like to chew my food.

In GEAR » Soylent Green is People
May 15, 7:54pm

Re: GoLite XTComp or MTN Gecko?
Golite Footwear still seems to be rather unknown on BPL even though their shoes are certainly UL by any measure. Made in the USA too. Personally, I would chose the full rubber rand on the MTN Gecko...

In GEAR » GoLite XTComp or MTN Gecko?
May 15, 7:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.