BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 141 - 150 of 863 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: DWR Down testing
Too much time to waste today and came across this bit of info. At least the leading down testing lab is trying to develop a methodology. http://www.idfl.com/media/pdfs/news/IDFL%20Newsletter%20-...

In GEAR » DWR Down Ye or Nah
January 29, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Asian or European?
Justin, I am not a textile expert. Just a dude with average Google-fu and too much free time to waste reading online documents from "official" sources, i.e. labs, OEMs, and trade groups. ...

In Gear Deals » Uniqlo UL Down Parka reduced $10 - now $59.90
January 29, 8:23pm

Re: maintain neutral temp
Good point. We sometimes seem to forget the Winter maxim that "if you are sweating, you are doing something wrong."

In GEAR » Waterproof inside layer for winter bag
January 29, 6:00pm

Re: Asian or European?
To emphasize, there is no longer a difference between US, EU, or "Asian" ratings for down used in garments as tested by worldwide independent labs for international sale. They all follow ...

January 29, 5:09pm

Re: Patagonia Ascensionist Pack Review by ProLiteGear
Got a chance to look at these at the Patagonia store on Monday. Went thinking I wanted the 25L in orange but after trying them on I left favoring the 45L in grey/blue but I don't need the capac...

In GEAR » New Patagonia Ascentionist 25/35/45L Climbing Packs
January 29, 4:11pm

Re: Re: use
RAB has used the US down rating method for the last few years. Actually its the IDBF standard, and most companies that sell worldwide seem to be following this standard now.

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Jacket
January 29, 3:50pm

Re: ISPO 2014: New Gear
Japan's EPI's winter gas has used this design for years. They say it works down to -15C

In GEAR » ISPO 2014: New Gear
January 29, 4:23am

Re: Re: Re: Down
Delmar, these links may reveal more "official" info. Unfortunately, you may have to rely on translation software. But the gist is Japanese companies follow both a domestic JIS L 1903 &quo...

January 29, 12:23am

Re: Down
>>(Remember that their 640 down is "on the Japanese scale" and would be higher on the US scale).<< Don't think so. Japan specs are the same min 640fp for these pieces a...

January 28, 11:13pm

Re: UL Down Jacket
>>Montbell also makes the Guide Parka, which has 3.5oz of down in a ~9oz package. It's sold as the Frost Smoke in N. America with heavier reinforced fabrics but you can buy the Asian vers...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Down Jacket
January 28, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.