BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 141 - 150 of 660 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...66

Forum » Thread

TJs
Hey! No taunting the Trader Joe-less! We're finally getting 2 in Colorado, 1 in Denver and 1 in Boulder. Because or of our bizarre liquor laws, only 1 will sell alcohol. I haven't heard any...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 02, 4:05pm

Stoveless
Yep, that's the debate I was referring to. That was a LOT of fun. Thanks Doug. I'll check that out. I do eat those banana chips David. Never occurred for me to try them with the PB. G...

July 02, 1:33pm

Re: Jelly
Oh no David! Get ready for another round of the ethics of taking extra packets debate! :) That is where I get mine. I usually just take the ones they give me with my breakfast. I used to do p...

July 02, 12:50pm

Re "Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought"
Nice article Pmags. Is that the LCW High Route in that pic? I tried it last year but got driven off by a thunderstorm. I decided to bail down to the CT and when I walked over to take a look down, I...

July 02, 12:19pm

Lake Ann Marmot
This guy came into camp at Lake Ann on the CDT while we were getting ready to go fishing. He seemed to be waiting to see if we would leave our gear where he could trash it. He left when he saw us h...

In Photo Gallery » UL Creatures
July 02, 10:44am

Jeez!
"Will we PLEASE get back on topic, now?.........does anyone think guns on trails while backpacking are tools, like a first aid kit or a sleeping mat or a pocket knife? If not, why?" Th...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
July 02, 10:23am

Re: When is an open fire not "open"?
The terminology used in fire bans could really use standardization. Exceptions can be: Stove must have an on/off switch. Stoves that use LNG fuel. (No white gas? What about Isobutane?) Sto...

In GEAR » When is an open fire not "open"?
June 28, 3:13pm

East segments of CT all open
The east segments that were closed by fire are all open. (There are closures in 21-24.) The firefighters have been doing an unbelievable job of handling the large number of fires that have occurred...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 28, 8:28am

RE: "24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking"
Great pics and TR as usual. I did the loop in September a couple of years ago and it was awesome with all the Aspens. Another good place to stop in Bailey, but no beer, is Hog Heaven BBQ. Give i...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
June 27, 7:22pm

CT fire
"There is a five acre fire at the end of 4, start of 5. My son and friend were just picked up there by the local police and taken to a safe spot!" That's the Black Canyon fire I me...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 24, 8:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.