BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 141 - 150 of 583 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...59

Forum » Thread

4 pass
"That should be less if you go with the flow, too." That's very true. Far more people go clockwise so if you go counter clockwise you run into a lot less people. I sent Michael my ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 4 pass loop
March 02, 4:14pm

MB
Thanks for the offer Jack. Sounds like a great trip. But I'm using my time of for some week long trips on the CT this year. But I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. I'll send yo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mooroon Bells Co. all those I invited
March 01, 10:07am

4 pass
Take this with a grain of salt as each time I've gone was after Labor day. Most people do it as a 3 night trip and do it clockwise. If you are going in the same direction and about the same pac...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 4 pass loop
February 28, 7:34pm

MB
You guys might as well get a 14er in while you're here. When you get out, head over Independence Pass and up to Leadville. Cheaper than Aspen. Have a well earned steak dinner at Quincy's (h...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mooroon Bells Co. all those I invited
February 28, 4:55pm

IPAs in cans
"And as to the cans-at-home and taps-when-out: All my favorite IPAs come in 22oz bottles and nothing else. Total Domination, Pelican, Elysian, Slayer, Hop Stoopid, Indica, Hop Czar, Vertical E...

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 28, 11:53am

Opener
I used to carry an opener. But haven't you read the Chaff "Beer in the Can" thread? Bottles never leave the house anymore.

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 24, 5:49pm

McGukins
https://store.mcguckin.com/inet/home.html

In Gear Deals » Pro Expedition sled for a pulk--Boulder, CO
February 05, 4:34pm

Bear bagging
Definitely use a throw sack. Probably like most people, my line is kept it and the mini-biner clipped to it. So it's kind of dual purpose. I've played baseball and softball a good porti...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any advice for bear bagging?
January 27, 11:51am

Trail runners and 40 Below
I just wear my regular trail runners with a thicker wool sock and a pair of 40 Below TR overboots. I was out last weekend in substantially sub-zero temps and very comfortable and light. http://...

In GEAR » SnowShoe boots?
January 19, 12:19am

10th Mtn
Eric, The 10th Mtn huts do all have propane burners. The ones I've been to all have had 4 burners (the groups cook in shifts) and also a wood burning cook stove, which you certainly can use...

In Winter Hiking » 10th Mtn Hut Trips
January 19, 12:02am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.