Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 141 - 150 of 1580 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: M50 rain jacket
Jerry, At...ta...boy... You now understand the "secret" for designing a UL DIY WPB rain shell, without a coating or membrane... its the liner. The "non-secret" part of the...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 rain jacket
August 30, 11:09pm

Re: M50 rain jacket
Jerry, I tested Thru-Hiker M50 in a report I posted to this forum in 2011. The areal density was .7 oz/yd2; the air permeability was 73.2 CFM; and the HH was 70.30 mm H2O. Based on those numbers...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 rain jacket
August 30, 11:01am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Q-Down Tested to Failure But Still A Major Improvement
Eric's layering advice is very sound. Likewise, your dress and sleep ensembles will handle moisture vapor the best way possible.

In GEAR » Q-Down Tested to Failure But Still A Major Improvement
August 28, 10:04am

Re: Re: Q-Down Tested to Failure But Still A Major Improvement
Stephen, I am in the process of designing the applicable test equipment. It is a much bigger job than I originally anticipated. For the foreseeable future I am just going to have to rely on othe...

August 27, 9:49pm

Q-Down Tested to Failure But Still A Major Improvement
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?10158-quot-Water-Resistant-quot-Down-tested-to-failure&p=129915#post129915

August 27, 9:21pm

Jetboil sol piezo igniter
Anyone know how to purchase a replacement? The Jetboil Maintenance Kit is compatible with the Jetboil Personal Cooking system and Jetboil Group Cooking system; it is not compatible with the Jetb...

In GEAR » Jetboil sol piezo igniter
August 10, 4:51pm

Re: Wearing a windshirt as a single layer in hot weather?
Justin, Windshirt is a term without definition or resolution. You can ask about a specific windshirt manufactured in a certain year and it will have meaning. Otherwise, it is like asking are car...

In GEAR » Wearing a windshirt as a single layer in hot weather?
July 23, 2:08am

Re: Re: How much waterproofing is enough? - Flys
Jesse, The international standard for classifying a tent fly as rainproof is 1,500 mm H2O MINIMUM. USA manufactured silnylon averages 1,200 mm H2O for the best material commonly available. That ...

In GEAR » How much waterproofing is enough?
July 22, 7:41pm

Re: How much waterproofing is enough? - Floors
Jesse, Regarding floor HH requirements, I will use my 190 lb and 70" tall body as an example to answer your question regarding knee pressure. When kneeling, ~310.09 inches are supporting my...

In GEAR » How much waterproofing is enough?
July 22, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Impetus v. other stuff & argon
Tanner, You said in part, "...I am just interested in relative breat... how much air can be sucked through the materials." What application(s) are you designing for where abrasion r...

In GEAR » Comparing m90 to Pertex
July 22, 6:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm