Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 141 - 150 of 7784 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...779

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawyer Mini leaking with a Platy
perennial topic - google "platypus sawyer site:backpackinglight.com" the thread pitch on all Platypus is slightly different than Sawyer filters. Some Platypuses don't leak. I t...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini leaking with a Platy
October 31, 8:13am

Re: Re: Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
About half the time, I drink good looking mountain water and have never got sick, that I know of. Sometimes, a Giardia infection can have no or very mild symptoms. I carry a Squeeze because...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are we just kidding ourselves with our chemical water treatments?
October 31, 8:05am

Re: Re: need suggestions for a trailstar center pole.
I've used both 0.433 and 0.625 Easton Poles. From tentpoletechnologies.com (more knowledgeable) and questoutfitters.com (you can order online). I have 5 foot pyramid tent which is pretty si...

In GEAR » need suggestions for a trailstar center pole.
October 30, 10:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Engineering vs Liberal Arts
a day of not trading insults with you is a day I'm out in the wilderness

In Chaff » Engineering vs Liberal Arts
October 30, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LET'S BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN!
"I think much of my ire here is due to a general weariness of the polarization of our country and the our seeming unwillingness to find areas of compromise and commonality." So what...

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 30, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LET'S BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN!
I heard this 25 year old member of representative on Meet The Press. Reminds me of Paul Ryan. He said "the Democrat party" and then he said "the Democratic party". Repu...

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 30, 3:37pm

Re: Engineering vs Liberal Arts
I had a pretty good time in college majoring in engineering. And pretty good after. Best time has been after I retired (got laid off) and didn't have to put up with Dilbert world anymore, ...

In Chaff » Engineering vs Liberal Arts
October 30, 2:00pm

Re: Thanks Jerry
Yeah, I am partisan, but Didn't the Heritage Foundation come up with the idea? And isn't Doug pissed because the Democrats compromised on this?

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 30, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Re: LET'S BURN THIS MOTHER DOWN!
U.S. like everyone else has done good and bad, no reason to either gloat ot beat ourselves up. Let's just figure out what to do next. "I think much of my ire here is due to a general...

In Chaff » Ebola?
October 30, 1:26pm

Re: fabric
155 g/m2 is 4.5 oz/yd2 - kind of heavy I got some Pertex from some British company before. Use credit card. Takes a bit longer to ship here. thru-hiker.com has two Pertex WPB fabrics - Pert...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof shell Jacket help
October 30, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.