Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 141 - 150 of 8517 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...852

Forum » Thread

Re: 3/14/15 9:26:53
oh, shoot, I missed it I guess I'll have to wait until the year 2115 I wish I had been around in the year 1592. Except, did they know about pi then?

In Chaff » 3/14/15 9:26:53
March 14, 11:09am

Re: Re: Re: PSA: How To Annoy A Mom on BPL
did you know that even on some phone lines today, they still support rotary dial phones you quickly press the off hook button, like 2 per second, if you want to dial a "7" press the of...

In Chaff » PSA: How To Annoy A Mom on BPL
March 14, 11:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you use to carry food?
I take Triscuit crackers and put them in rows in a zip top bag to take less space and be more resistant to breaking. On a trip, there's usually just a few that break. Also, I can count them...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use to carry food?
March 14, 10:40am

Re: Re: Re: Solar variation and temperature trends
as I said on pages 61, 101, and 135 (just made up those numbers : ) there is a lot of uncertainty what the affect will be that Scientific American article said they're doing an Antarctic...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 14, 10:38am

Re: Solar variation and temperature trends
Another thing the Merchant of Doubt director said on the "Q" interview: A republican congressman from New Jersey (something like that) acknowledged that man can affect the climate and ...

March 14, 9:56am

Re: Re: Re: Solar variation and temperature trends
"The second law of thermodynamics says that heat can't on average pass from a cooler body to a hotter body" because of CO2, the air is warmer than it would have been when the ai...

March 14, 9:36am

Re: Re: Re: Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
Whiskey tango foxtrot? very nice...

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 14, 9:15am

Re: What do you use to carry food?
Zip top gallon bag 2nd bag with squishable stuff goes sort of on top so it doesn't get squished, maybe a quart bag Put them in pack and hang from tree at night to keep critters out. Not ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use to carry food?
March 14, 9:03am

CO2 absorbs some of the IR being emitted from the air and the oceans. So that CO2 gets a little warmer. Otherwise the IR would have been emmitted to outer space. That warmth is conducted to the ...

March 13, 7:09pm

I don't see how you reconcile Willie Soon saying he's a Smithsonian Astrophysicist, but the Smithsonian says he's a part time researcher and they're questioning his ethics

March 13, 7:04pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.