BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 141 - 150 of 6462 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...647

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Emissivity of alumized Cuben, Silnylon
That makes sense, thanks Someone said aluminum was on one side. Next time there's a clear night I'll measure the other side.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emissivity of alumized Cuben, Silnylon
April 03, 3:31pm

Emissivity of alumized Cuben, Silnylon
James Marco sent me a sample of aluminized silnylon David Drake sent me a sample of alumized Cuben The aluminized silnylon is gray, a little shiny, like the aluminized silnylon I got from Sea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emissivity of alumized Cuben, Silnylon
April 03, 9:54am

Re: windows xp replacement
Good money after bad 4 years ago refurbished - so it's older than that - just won't have processor, memory, hard disk space,... Even if you get it to work you'll probably have to re...

In On the Web » windows xp replacement ?
April 03, 9:11am

Re: Re: Argon silnylon
"It is really thin stuff." As would be expected for the weight : ) If you made a tent, would it survive or get ripped to shreds? Can you sew it without destroying it? With other...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 03, 8:59am

Re: Obama BS Removal Kits
well, if it was anything but an Obama sticker, I'de probably remove it, but I'm pretty lazy actually, it says "I (heart) Obamacare" - I hate bumper stickers with hearts even mo...

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
April 03, 8:52am

Re: Obamacare...the real world
I have an Obama bumper sticker on my car But the wife put it there - I hate bumper stickers

April 02, 10:48pm

Re: Re: Geigerrig water from air
You mean cold fusion doesn't work? (the dateline and some of the comments mentioned April 1)

In GEAR » Geigerrig water from air
April 02, 8:41pm

Re: Geigerrig water from air
Maybe you can use the water to produce electricity using cold fusion - solution to world energy problem/global warming - we can finally shut down the global warming thread in chaff

In GEAR » Geigerrig water from air
April 02, 7:45pm

Re: flawed
I think any increases more than inflation are a problem. It's now too big a share of the economy. Any more is a killer. That would be 2% increase per year. Better if it was stable for a few...

April 02, 4:59pm

Re: don't spike it too hard...
You're right, just trying to be humorous I thought Obamacare eliminated the doughnut hole Yeah, see what happens in a year or two. Will people be happy with their healthcare? The ne...

April 02, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.