Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 141 - 150 of 8318 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...832

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Creating Enemies
Allegiences between Western Europe, U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia,... are pretty good. Not always perfect, but no wars between us. How can Russia and China be included in this club?

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
February 05, 11:18pm

Re: how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
if the weather's good I like view if the weather's bad, then "hike high, camp low" Still waiting for Doug's nudists. Not where I've ever been.

In Philosophy & Technique » how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
February 05, 9:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tom
And only the U.S. should have nukes. China and Russia would never agree. Maybe we can reduce the number of nukes. Contain the remaining nukes in secure facilities. Have better relations bet...

February 05, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tom
"The taproot of the trouble is NATO enlargement, the central element of a larger strategy to move Ukraine out of Russia’s orbit and integrate it into the West" That is the argument R...

February 05, 9:13pm

Re: PSA for a piece of "gear"
Why don't the Marmots just chew through the blue tarp?

In GEAR » PSA for a piece of "gear"
February 05, 8:48pm

Re: Little
"Please give examples of what you're doing to make the world a better place. " I'm going to "pull a Michael" : ) I think we've done a lot of good. Computers...

February 05, 1:02pm

Re: PSA for a piece of "gear"
I occasionally get mice in car or pickup at trailhead overnight They eat food left in car, shred toilet paper, pee and poop. No car damage. I tried live traps, now just leave snap trap and...

In GEAR » PSA for a piece of "gear"
February 05, 12:54pm

Re: Re: Great stuff
"Seems fitting here although none of the below is targeted at Jerry." I thought after actually meeting the physical humans we were supposed to be more free to insulat each other : ) ...

February 05, 12:09pm

Re: Re: Opinions on self defense. Threatened by hippie with machete
and then you immediately went to authorities, Daryl, and reported it? : )

In Chaff » Opinions on self defense. Threatened by hippie with machete
February 05, 10:46am

Re: Re: Who Pays?
"Bush & Co. ignorantly thought we could quickly fill the vacuum by introducing short interim governments" I don't think they thought about that much. Anything they said was ju...

February 05, 10:44am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.