BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 141 - 150 of 6433 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...644

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What Does an Engineer do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
"unless you want to cannibalise two old stoves to make something. Mind you, some of those Real Cheap Chinese stoves on eBay might work for this." That might be cheaper than buying the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
March 31, 7:22am

Re: Refill?
don't over-fill adventures in stoving has details I would consider this somewhat dangerous, it could burst, then there would be a potential for a fire-ball/explosion Maybe make sure an...

March 30, 9:07pm

Re: Titanium Goat Nobul
I used nobul1 for 850 FP down. Quite a bit of leakage. Maybe some batches are better and some worse. I use the rest of the nobul1 for other stuff and it's great

In Make Your Own Gear » Momentum 50
March 30, 6:34pm

Re: What Do You Do with Almost-Empty Fuel Canisters?
Drive to near the trailhead and camp out one night before backpacking. Then you can use all your almost empty canisters.

March 30, 5:14pm

Re: yeah
I agree Romney would have more chance of compromise, based on Massachusettes And based on what happened when Clinton was president and Republicans were in power. This would be partially good,...

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
March 30, 10:49am

Re: Re: A nation of takers? Some perspective.
and then the banks giver their execs mega-bonuses because they're such capable, intelligent, hard working people.

March 30, 7:34am

Re: A nation of takers? Some perspective.
ha, ha, ha,... you tricked me, I thought it would be about how welfare encourages lazy poor people the biggest welfare to banks though, is the Federal Reserve creates money out of thin air, loan...

March 30, 7:30am

Re: oops... made my tarp to short. suggestions?
I've done similar Sew an 18" wide strip of fabric to make it longer I can't visualize exactly what your tarp looks like, but must be possible to do something like that It may ...

In Make Your Own Gear » oops... made my tarp to short. suggestions?
March 29, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Electricity
awww... you must be my little sister, or one of my nieces or nephews under a pseudonym

In Chaff » The Sun Goes Around the Earth...
March 29, 8:36pm

Re: Politics, amirite?
He tried to close Guantanamo but congress thwarted him The others he accomplished to some degree I am biased and voted for Obama. Thank God, McCain or Romney didn't get elected.

March 29, 8:34pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.