Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 141 - 150 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Trump coming to Phoenix
yeah, exactly!

In Chaff » Trump coming to Phoenix
July 10, 3:52pm

Germany, France losing interest in Ukraine
http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-leader-warns-terror-threat-peaceful-cities-181025031.html "Merkel, Hollande urge Ukraine leader to give rebels self-rule" Maybe Ukraine will just fade ...

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
July 10, 3:47pm

Re: Re: Gadget creep
"But the problem I see is the snowball of electronic gadgets and the accessories." For sure I am not going to buy any more radios/MP3s : )

In GEAR » Ultralight AM/FM radios
July 10, 2:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trump coming to Phoenix
"2. Democrat disaster - We cannot continue to have people coming through almost unfettered. We must have strong border defenses in place to stem future tides of illegals." Many Democra...

July 10, 2:42pm

Re: Re: Re: two different levels of pain
just popped up: https://www.yahoo.com/health/fda-strengthens-stroke-and-heart-attack-warnings-123667790507.html ibuprofen and naproxen (Aleve) can cause heart attack and stroke probably ok...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pain reliever opinions sought
July 10, 10:48am

Re: Re: Analog tuners
I used to think only AM was good in the back country, but as you pointed out a long time ago, FM works good too. Maybe even better. AM better at night though. You've said analog tuner is g...

July 10, 10:29am

Re: Trump coming to Phoenix
"but he seems to be the only one who has the balls to say what he thinks" sorry, one of my pet pieves: Katy Tur stayed toe-to-toe with Trump that whole interview. She did not use t...

July 10, 10:24am

Re: Trump coming to Phoenix
I don't think Trump "says what he thinks", I think he says what will promote the Trump name. He knows it has to appear to be "saying what he thinks" because that's what...

July 10, 10:20am

Re: Arctic arms race - Newsweek
(global warming)

In Chaff » Must Be Budget Time...
July 10, 8:52am

Re: 1.6 oz
Sansa Clip is 0.9 oz. 1.4 oz with earbuds. Just FM and MP3. FM receiver is pretty good, but not quite as good as the ccrane, for example. Maybe 16 hours? With a 2200 mAh USB power supply you c...

July 10, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.