Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 141 - 150 of 971 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...98

Forum » Thread

Additional policy for Gear Swap forum?
Certainly adding the happiness with the sale, the price paid, and the condition of the gear would be a good idea too. And the zip code, because $5 here is $3 there, and the local value of good...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Additional policy for Gear Swap forum?
May 15, 1:31pm

Which Pencil for the JMT?
Not so sure about the pen, they smear when wet, leaving bear attracting residue everywhere. Thinking about it, he best plan is to bring a pen for day time use on the trail, but a nice pencil f...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
May 15, 9:01am

Which Pencil for the JMT?
I wouldn't trust anything but a blackwing 602 for the JMT. It has silky smooth lead that glides over maps at half the pressure of a normal pencil. The eraser is adjustable. The black color...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
May 15, 12:06am

Ueli Steck tossed off Everest
This is all so confusing. In America, the team with the most money would be declared right and just, and the inferior group would be held responsible for assaulting honorable members of society. ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck tossed off Everest
May 14, 11:59pm

SUL
I thought SUL was defined by an arbitrary weight limit, but now I learned its not.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 14, 6:51pm

Easiest way to clean Ti-Tri?
With the cone stoves, you have to roll up a chimney, it's dirty, and not much can be done about it, really. Throw it in the oven on the self cleaning cycle.

In GEAR » Easiest way to clean Ti-Tri?
May 13, 8:48pm

Following the Herd.
Ever see animals congregate at the best feeding grounds, or watering holes ? It's natural for mammals to form large groups at the best spots.

In Philosophy & Technique » Following the Herd.
May 13, 10:36am

Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
Some generations will never take any of their responsibility for why things have gone to hell. A society that puts short term profit first, profit second, and criticizing the unprofitable as l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 12, 7:55pm

Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
Most of the time Nick lives in a fantasy world. He is self sufficient. Society provided nothing for him. Do for yourself. Everything he has he earned by working harder. There is no reason t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 12, 6:41pm

The SUL Mindset
I like to camp exposed with big scenery. I'd rather carry suitable gear that makes my vacation enjoyable, than functional gear for traveling from A to B that compromises what I enjoy most. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset
May 11, 5:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am