Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 141 - 150 of 713 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...72

Forum » Thread

Flattop Wilderness
Some very useful information here. I have a 32 mile loop mapped out in this same area that uses Stillwater Reservoir, Trappers Lake, Wall Lake, Island Lake, Road Lake and Hooper Lake as the rough ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 65 Mile Loop - Flat Tops Wilderness, CO
August 18, 6:21pm

SOLD FS: BPL Thorofare LS Shirt Mens Small
Item has been sold and funds received.

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Thorofare LS Shirt Mens Small
August 15, 8:56pm

FS: BPL Thorofare LS Shirt Mens Small
$25 Shipped CONUS BP Thorofare Mens Small long sleeve shirt (Brown). Excellent condition. Worn two times. 4.5oz on my postal scale. PM or post here. Paypal only.

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Thorofare LS Shirt Mens Small
August 15, 2:50pm

Re: Bananas for Wallace's Monkey Pillow !!!!!
+1. I bought one to and love it for all the reasons you stated.

In GEAR » Bananas for Wallace's Monkey Pillow !!!!!
August 14, 5:23pm

Agree on the Roller
Foam Roller is definitely good advice. The bad news is that regardless of what you do, I don't think you are going to get your IT band in condition fast enough for your planned JMT in a week. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » recovery from IT band pain? JMT in 1 week...
August 13, 9:46pm

Re: Re: looking for a UL shirt
+1 on the Golite Wildwood trail running shirt. Excellent stretch, incredible breathability.

In GEAR » looking for a UL shirt
August 13, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Re: What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (simplicity at it's best)
@Aaron "Have no idea why they can't make soft bottles with a wide mouth." Nalgene Canteen but reviews on REI unfortunately seem to indicate they are not very durable so maybe not the...

In Gear Lists » What I'm Taking on my JMT Hike (this is how you do it)
August 08, 5:14pm

Re: best two way sat communicator?
Might be worth looking into Satellite phones. I believe there has been some improvement in the competition and may be worth looking into as an option. http://www.globalsatellitecommunications.c...

In GEAR » best two way sat communicator?
August 07, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Barrier bags
"yeah.. dumb luck. I don't use one and haven't had a problem either." The dumb luck comment was me just being facetious. I have had no issues when others in camps around me ha...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 06, 1:37pm

Re: Barrier bags
I have been very happy with my Opsack. Stored inside my Ursack I have yet to have any encounters with animals. Based on the feedback on this thread I guess that is just dumb luck.

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 06, 12:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm