Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 141 - 150 of 518 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...52

Forum » Thread

Amateur Radio
Since I cannot go on my dayhike exercises now due to all the trigger happy hunters around here, I pass some of the time by playing with my Amateur "Ham" Radio equipment (FCC licensed, it ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The doldrums
November 29, 12:06am

Thanks!
The advice and experience shared on this thread has been excellent. If anything, it helps to confirm my choices and though process for particular aspects. Thank you! Pack: The Circuit is now in ...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 28, 12:53am

Re: Backpacker mag $3.99 a year, up to 3 years
I have never ordered from discount magazine providers. Discount Mags seems legit from what I can tell. Has anyone had any problems with them? I would not want to get on a bunch of mailing list or g...

In Gear Deals » Backpacker mag $3.99 a year, up to 3 years
November 26, 12:13pm

Nice
I would jump all over this if it were a jacket but will have to settle for a MontBell Ex Light for now... Would like to hear from those who try them though!

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear Vest
November 25, 4:22pm

Westcomb
The Westcomb Specter LT has served me very well, I got it earlier this year (sorry, no multi-year experience yet). It has survived some intense off-trail bushwhacking, heavy pack rubbing, general t...

In GEAR » Long-term shell durability
November 25, 4:13pm

Lumix G3 and lenses
Well, I think waiting out for the G3 may be worthwhile based on the feedback here, now I just need to find one locally to try out. Call me crazy but would outfitting a G3 with one of the new sma...

In Photography » Lumix Micro 4/3 thoughts?
November 22, 11:28pm

Re: What size of daypack is everyone using?
REI Flash 18 here too. I stash my 7oz rain jacket in the bladder pocket to make for a cushy back panel. For longer distance dayhikes through rough terrain or desert environments, I use a heavy d...

In GEAR » What size of daypack is everyone using?
November 22, 9:58pm

DAS, Marmot, Rab
The Marmot Mountain Down seems durable enough but still a little heavy and only 650 fill down. The Patagonia Fitz Roy is out because it only has 6.5oz of down and snug sizing (from what I read). Th...

In GEAR » Versatile Down Parka for COLD weather...
November 22, 9:20pm

Re: Finding Hikes
Being stranded in the Midwest leaves me with few options. Sure, I can look at a Topo map and make a cool route but one is likely to get shot by rednecks on private property or encounter too big of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Finding Hikes
November 21, 9:42pm

Spork
What is small and works for me? My little folding titanium spork. The little guy has been on every trip with me. It was one of my first true "UL" items and I see no need to replace it unl...

In GEAR » Post something SMALL that works for you. Mine: a pen
November 21, 9:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.