Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 141 - 150 of 743 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...75

Forum » Thread

cycling
Cyclingforums.com and Cyclingnews.com, I really like the fitness Q and A on the later.

In GEAR » What are the best Bike Forums (mtn, touring, road)?
December 05, 7:27am

great stuff
Harry Potter Needs a Condom Non-fat Angel Jam Roy Rogers is Still Looking for Trigger

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » route names
November 17, 4:52pm

Nice, real nice
We need to go put up a "Dance Band on the Titanic" now, be sure to use adequate protection on that other group, eh?

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » route names
October 15, 5:58pm

american mountain guides association
The American Mountain Guides Association offers certification for guides, http://www.amga.com/.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to become a guide??
October 15, 5:52pm

origami paper
This is made out of origami paper sold in art warehouses. here's a bowl she mage out of Netflix envelopes. The cup is about the size of a dixie cup because that is what size paper she had....

In Make Your Own Gear » ultralight cup and bowl
September 30, 8:22am

ultralight cup and bowl
Last night the wee little one brought me a origami cup and bowl she made. I can see sitting on a windswept ridge trying to fold a cup to drink my tea. These things are so light they didn't bl...

In Make Your Own Gear » ultralight cup and bowl
September 29, 8:49am

another combination
There was quite a group in the Sierras in the 70s that carried cherries soaked for a couple of weeks in 100 proof vodka. Anytime you mix sweet carbs, alcohol, and elevation things go boom. I watch...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rum & Coke?
September 28, 6:56pm

becoming a complete punter redux
"I am struggling with posting on the BB for fear of becoming a complete punter. I think I have some information to share based on real experience but what I've noticed is a thread about b...

In Philosophy & Technique » becoming a complete punter redux
September 24, 8:18pm

woool gloves
Actually the best thing about those gloves is the fact they are uni-hand so if you wear a hole in one you can keep recycling the good gloves. Everytime I get in a surplus store I buy a couple of pa...

In Multiple Use Gear » Socks/Mittens/Pot holder
September 24, 7:40am

budgets
Now is the time to embrace your neighborhood thrift store. Look for wool dress pants in various weights. Use a nylon shell over that like warmup pants. I stuck my head in our local one and found 11...

In Winter Hiking » Clothing Layers for 10 - 25 degrees
September 23, 9:27pm

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm