Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 141 - 150 of 287 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
Kat, you stop that right now. I'm an honorable man and I love my girlfriend and son. Actually, practicing knots and hitches with my girlfriend may have been a contributing factor in making ...

In GEAR » Educate me on guylines and line locks
September 19, 11:20pm

Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
@Jen: You're in Texas now; you gotta at least learn how to make a noose! YeeHaw! Just kidding, but seriously... if we ever manage to meet up, I'll teach you two knots and one hitch th...

September 19, 10:56pm

Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
Um... Camo tarp from Harbor Freight, bundle of paracord from surplus store. Guylines tied permanently to MSR groundhogs. Pound stake, lead cord towards tarp grommet, Alpine butterfly about three...

September 19, 8:58pm

Re: Spoon heresy
I use an MSR titanium spoon. Long handle hits the bottom of the PB jar just fine, and can't get lost under the surface when cooking in or eating from my Titan kettle. Light enough, easy to cl...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spoon heresy
September 19, 7:26pm

Re: Re Re Re Re Ancient Shoes
Teepees were originally quite small and crowded. It wasn't until the Spanish brought horses to the New World, that Plains Indians were able to make and transport large shelters. I've slep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 17, 11:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Ancient Shoes
You know the Walrus has the second-largest penis in the animal kingdom?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 16, 12:36am

Re: Give it away, give it away, give it away now. Free stuff
I'll take the blue medium one. I've never worn linen, but been wanting to try for a while.

In Gear Deals » Give it away, give it away, give it away now. Free stuff
September 16, 12:33am

Re: Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
Hammock. Seriously though, I lay out my groundsheet then kick off my shoes. A quick stroll around the ol' Tyvek usually finds everything. After that, it's nothing my exped can't ha...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
September 16, 12:23am

Re: Some Alpaca Love
Holy crap, that blanket is beautiful! And you gave it away?! You're amazing.

In GEAR » Merino Sheeps Wool vs Alpaca Fiber--the show down, dun dun duh.
September 15, 10:43pm

Re: Ancient Shoes
I was talking to my Crow Indian uncle about teepees, and I asked him why they switched from buffalo hide to canvas. He said that the hide ones lasted much longer than canvas, but were heavier and ...

September 15, 10:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.