Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 141 - 150 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: U/L wind pants
thanks for your comments. I plan on using these in above 40-degree F temps so I don't mind if some water gets through as long as they provide water and wind resistance (and thus some warmth)

In GEAR » montbell u.l. wind pants
July 13, 2:03pm

montbell u.l. wind pants
I am seriously considering buying the Montbell U.L. Wind Pants to replace my old, heavy Sierra Designs rain pants. One thing that scares me about the wind pants though is the lack of ankle zips. ...

In GEAR » montbell u.l. wind pants
July 13, 10:04am

Re: Newbie ultralighter gear list
Overall, it looks like a very good list :) Just some suggestions/commentary: Your 20-degree Feathered Friends Swallow bag is probably overkill (especially since you are also carrying the Mon...

In Gear Lists » Newbie ultralighter gear list
July 13, 9:27am

Re: re: Ditch Your Stakes
Super informative read! Knots are something that I wish I knew better (and should know better considering I am a boy scout). I think this is the first article I have seen before on alternative an...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ditch Your Stakes: A Guide To Alternative Shelter Anchors
July 08, 6:32pm

Re: Gear shops in Seattle
check out the REI flagship store at 222 Yale Ave. N the Feathered Friends store is practically across the street at 119 Yale Ave. N

In GEAR » Gear shops in Seattle
July 08, 6:27pm

Re: meteor bivy?
I have the same problem...I haven't sewn since 7th grade sewing class :) One of these days, I have to ask my mom to teach me how to sew again, so I can do this MYOG thing

In GEAR » MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
July 08, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
thanks for the suggestions. There are definately times of the year when the bugs are terrible and I think I would appreciate being to sit up. The Meteor Bivy is enticing because it would be cheap...

July 08, 3:58pm

Re: Re: MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
Jeff - That's another good idea. However, what would be the difference between the Serenity and the Bivy? The Serenity would be slightly roomier and have a little more structure but would be...

July 08, 12:36pm

Re: UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
check out this article that BPL did awhile ago http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/ultralight_knives.html

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
July 08, 12:24pm

MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
I am currently trying to decide between 2 bug shelters by MLD: the Serenity Shelter and the Bug Bivy. Serenity: extra protection extra privacy taller Biv...

July 08, 11:30am

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am