Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, Central Australia, Kakadu, Japan, China, Korea.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 141 - 150 of 878 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...88

Forum » Thread

Typical weights?
I haven't vacuum sealed before but looking to get into it (inc getting the kit for it). Any indication of how heavy the packaging comes out to, say if I just want to use the rolls to seal up...

In GEAR » vacuum bag sealer
March 27, 10:09pm

One of the great BPL threads
Pierre and supporters. Congrats, hands down this is now one of the top BPL threads of all time. Maximum achievement. Best regards, Adam

In Make Your Own Gear » myog mountaineering cuben tunnel tent?
March 27, 8:00pm

This fabric
I think is the cordura version of silnylon. It also has a light PU coating on the other side in addition to the sil coating. HH I think from memory was around 1000-1200mm, but don't hold me ...

In GEAR » Thoughts on new tarp from GG
March 27, 6:54pm

Re: Re: outdoorgearlab
I've got a Tachyon, its the only genuine windshirt I've ever had, but I agree with Nick, its very breathable. It sold me on the utility of windshirts.

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Houdini for $48.83 at REI
March 27, 5:22am

Re: don't do it
I agree. There's not benefit at all to having a floor with a breathable membrane. Its weight for no reason. In fact, in many situations it could just let extra moisture into the tent, leading t...

In Make Your Own Gear » need advice for floor
March 26, 5:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Esbit Crystals
Not sure if right link Dan? An "easy alcohol stove"? But yes, canisters can be dangerous too, I agree. At least, in Aus, the old puncture can stoves are well on the way out, phew. Ther...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
March 25, 6:44pm

Re: Re: Esbit Crystals
I concur Dan. In South Australian schools, its compulsory that a teacher or hiking leader does the filling, in a "fill area". They all use full on trangias, trangia fuel bottles. There...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Whats your SUL Cook Set-Up Grams/Milliliter %
March 25, 5:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Esbit Crystals
Cool Dan Definitely, the containers etc are a conundrum. I'm keen to invest some time into thinking about this for Esbit. Although the stink of Esbit gets to me a little, the safety of th...

March 25, 4:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Esbit Crystals
Cheers B.G., great info! I've only ever let them burn right out so had no idea what would happen if it was blown out... I'm looking forward to more Esbit lovin'

March 25, 4:56am

Universality of windshirts...
In my (n=1) anecdotal experience in Australia and Japan; Japan-you see them sometimes. Australia-never. Unless I was to run into one of the ~dozen regular BPL members I don't think many peopl...

In Multiple Use Gear » My "wind shirt" rant...
March 25, 1:28am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.