BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 141 - 150 of 532 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...54

Forum » Thread

Telephoto
Being smarter about when you carry your telephoto is a good idea. I'm not surprised you've hardly ever used beyond 4x (which is probably about 150mm tops). Plus, taking telephoto shots is n...

In Photography » Looking at a new lightweight camera with fisheye lens capability, any recommendations?
February 23, 5:18am

Matt's pack
Matt, this really is revolutionary. There are so many positive benefits to the fastpacking SUL hiker with your pack system. I'm definitely not in the sew it yourself category, unless I enlis...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
February 22, 4:34am

tachyon anorak....awesome!
I have a tachyon anorak here in Japan the last few months over winter. I live on the sea of Japan coast, which is really windy and wet, and gets plenty of snow. It just about never stops blowing wi...

In GEAR » Any point in getting a new wind shirt?
February 22, 3:52am

I concur
With all this. Its annoyed me for years. Cheers!

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » MODERATOR/BPL: please move these forums down!
February 20, 6:42pm

Re: sub60 fast pack
Matt awesome looking pack. So many good features about it. Wondering, what mesh do you use exactly? Do you use different mesh for different parts of the pack? Would it be more efficient to us...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
February 19, 11:05pm

Caffin Tents
Bugger about the lack of Easton Support. :-|

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
February 17, 4:32pm

Cork/Heat Shield
No worries Dan, thanks for the reply. I managed to find that thread you mention late last night, BPLing way way too late past midnight :-) That stuff does look promising. When I get home to A...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
February 17, 4:31pm

Roger's stove
Just caught up on this article and thread. Really impressed Roger. If I was planning a lot of Tassie trips in the next few years (no, baby(s), I'm grounded) or snow trips soon I'd jump on o...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
February 17, 8:04am

Haha
You just bought something off someone you don't know (not a listed company) on the internet. You took that risk yourself. Heaps of people gave you quick, very reasonable answers as to why you h...

In Gear Deals » Save $20-26 on 3 oz Caffin Inverted Remote Canister Stove
February 17, 7:22am

Cork Modification Results...
Hey Dan I realise its a while since the last post on this thread, but I just re-read the whole thing (one of my favourite BPL threads of all time...). Wondering if you managed to try the cork...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cones - My Adventures in Improving the ULC system
February 17, 6:52am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.