Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 141 - 150 of 6517 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: What our gear says about us...
That we go backpacking?

In GEAR » What our gear says about us...
January 15, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Russian vs Asian Women
"Wtf I think my head is about to explode." Time to take a deep breath and remember it's just Monte, trolling again. And I think he just got a nibble. OK, bite, then. ;0))

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 15, 5:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Old Guys Running
"It should happen in about 50-60 years from now. You will know when it happens because your joints will get very stiff." Right along with the rest of you by then. ;0)

In GEAR » Old Guys Backpacking
January 15, 5:22pm

Re: I have! Eaten a nutria, and it has not yet saved Louisiana
"I'm convinced it was nutria ... and I DID eat it ... was a dang good gumbo." You sure it wasn't possum? You ain't lived until you've chowed down on possum. Oooooooh,...

In On the Web » Eat a nutria, save Louisiana
January 14, 7:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another take on Australian weather...
"Have you thought about joint venturing with one of the familiar US cottage companies? i.e. Tarptent? We have so few tunnel tents available in North America; it would be nice to have options o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 3: The Mini-Reviews
January 14, 2:01pm

Re: Re: Why?
John Muir once said something to the effect that, and here I paraphrase, "by going away(to the Sierra), I found I was actually coming home". I couldn't express my feelings any better...

In GEAR » Why do you go backpacking
January 14, 12:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you ever not filter or treat your water?
Duly noted. Thanks, Andrew.

In Philosophy & Technique » Do you ever not filter or treat your water?
January 13, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Je suis Charlie , latest cover
"While people die in their exercise of free speech... and while millions march in support... Britain is contemplating this. Scary." The bitter fruit of 100 years of Western exploitatio...

In Chaff » Je suis Charlie , latest cover
January 13, 5:47pm

Re: Why do you go backpacking
"I was just wondering why you decide to go backpacking" I backpack, therefore I am. ;o)

In GEAR » Why do you go backpacking
January 13, 5:28pm

Re: Re: Do you ever not filter or treat your water?
"I was tempted to not treat my water on a visit to the remote headwaters of the South Fork of the San Joaquin river, but did anyway just to be sure. Not ten minutes later did I pass the follow...

In Philosophy & Technique » Do you ever not filter or treat your water?
January 13, 5:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm