BPL Community Profile

Nathan Hays (oroambulant) - BPL Guest

My Locale San Francisco
About Me Nathan Hays has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan Hays

Showing 141 - 150 of 223 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Mine Arrived
I ordered one of the two left on the link and it came today. Standard NPT pipe thread and barbed hose nipple connectors. 'twill be easy to connect to any setup.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 3oz gravity filter setup
May 30, 1:01am

Parallel batteries
Another temptation is to put multiple Li-Ion cells in parallel to beef up the capacity. This could be very bad since the charge profile requires different modes as the battery fills. If one cell ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modular Waterproof Solar Panel System
May 29, 4:11pm

Re: troubleshooting
The way you have it set up there is no protection for one panel discharging into the other if it is dark. Solar panels should not be subjected to reverse polarity. They heat up and get damaged. ...

May 29, 2:22pm

A note on specs
The solio website has the specs that you quote: Max Wattage: 5 Watts Discharge Rate: Fixed 5V, 1,000mAh Charge Rate: 5-5.5V 450mAh Charge Time via USB port/wall charger: 4 hours 30 min. Char...

In GEAR » What think ye of the Solio Bolt?
May 28, 5:44pm

Re: Solar stuff
Nice packing job. The pelican seems just right for the fit. You could make it smaller by removing connectors, hard wiring, etc.., but that's a lot of work for not much better. I like the U...

May 28, 3:09pm

Solar stuff
A couple of items to look at are found at jameco.com: http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2110414_-1 Sparkle Power SPU5W1AS. This is a 1500mAh, 50g, 5V in, 5V ou...

May 27, 11:48pm

Re: Flooring underlayment foam
I have about 400" on roll of 42" wide, aluminized mylar on one side, PE foam, ~1/16 in thick. Weighs 33 oz, so about 2.6 oz/sqyd. I've used it to line a cooler with dry ice in the b...

In GEAR » Flooring underlayment foam
May 26, 3:24pm

Re: What is High Country ?
Who is asking? It's a state of mind more than an altitude or climate zone. It implies getting above and away from it all. I tell flatlanders I've been in the High Sierra when I've...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is High Country ?
May 24, 12:30pm

iPhone GPS
I have an iPhone 4S and love it. BUT, the screen is too small and no spare battery. I'm buying (getting for FD?) a DeLorme inReach. Since they don't (yet) work with iOS, I'll be bu...

In GEAR » Best smartphone for backcountry use
May 24, 12:08pm

Re: Ahh
Post some pix when you do!

In Make Your Own Gear » Baffle Pattern?
May 24, 10:08am

All Reader Reviews by Nathan Hays

Nathan Hays has posted no reviews.