BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 141 - 150 of 417 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...42

Forum » Thread

this Bear Cannister thing..
Bob, I read this article and thread a couple of years ago: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/turbo_bear_bag_hanging.html And I've been practicing. I really like the...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 09, 3:54pm

Grand Gulch (Utah) Water?
There's a spring or reliable surface water just before Kane meets the Gulch, kind of a pour-off, and a nice ruin on the north bench above it. There's a reliable spring at Green Mask up t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Gulch (Utah) Water?
April 09, 2:38pm

Alternative rainwear
Anti-Gravity Gear makes a nice sil-poncho Equinox makes a variety of alt raingear Etowah makes a kilt/wrap and maybe a poncho. @nds on the Integral designs cape which is hard to find even on t...

In GEAR » Alternative rainwear
April 09, 10:30am

multi-day constant rain event and low-rise trail runners
David "I do the unimaginable and cross the stream in my bare feet. Then put on dry socks." When you're out on the trail for days and it's just wet everywhere; heaven high a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stream crossings with low-rise trail runners
April 09, 9:13am

Wikipedia
Roleigh I think/ thought I merely copied that from wikipedia....yikes evidently not. Any way that whole thing was done quite awhile ago and from a multitude of sources. It just ended with that last...

In Chaff » Anyone being foreclosed on?
April 04, 5:41pm

So now we blame it all on people of color
My apologies to the civilized for the length of this post These are the basic arguments 1.The financial crisis was precipitated ( caused) by loans to low income minority groups. 2.Presiden...

April 04, 5:31pm

Anyone being foreclosed on
Take a deep breath.....relax....you are happy now......... Though I will just add this Michael. My great-grand-dad, grand-dad, dad and at least one brother are/were bankers and they might very we...

April 04, 2:27pm

Where have all the Jackalopes gone?
Nice! An 8 pointer; White Phase. That probably made Boone and Crockett.

In GEAR » Where have all the Jackalopes gone?
April 03, 5:08pm

Jackalopes
http://www.jackalopejunction.com You do realize that today is April 2 I love Jackalopes: Many things in this life Are not what they appear Yeah I look like a Hare But if you stop...

In GEAR » Where have all the Jackalopes gone?
April 02, 6:19pm

Questions on cuben
I have a hexamid twin. It rolls up to about the diameter of a beer-can without really trying. Space isn't really an issue..at least not from the roll vs stuff perspective. I like Bob's ...

In GEAR » Questions on cuben?
April 02, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm