BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 141 - 150 of 590 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: GG Lighttrek 4 or Titanium Goat Adjustable Poles
Actually I believe the gg straps also mount at the top. I haven't used them but from the description they sound very similar to the TiGoat ones. From the website: "The strap is 3/4 webb...

In GEAR » GG Lighttrek 4 or Titanium Goat Adjustable Poles
January 27, 1:05pm

Re: Re: BPL Absaroka Pack
Yeah, neon orange is not my thing. That being said I like the idea of this pack. On my thru hike I had a 10 lb base weight + 6 lbs of water + 15 - 20 lbs of food for a total in the low 30s. ...

In GEAR » BPL Absaroka Pack
January 21, 11:36pm

Re: Re: Stripping a white gas stove
"I just use the canisters until they are empty, then I puncture them and recycle them." That means you need to take an extra partially full canister on some trips in order to empty it ...

In GEAR » Stripping a white gas stove
January 21, 5:16pm

Stripping a white gas stove
I'm getting into winter camping and need an alternative for wood and alcohol based stoves I've been using in the summer. I don't want to use a canister stove for aesthetic reasons. ...

In GEAR » Stripping a white gas stove
January 21, 12:09pm

Re: Re: Help with clothes list for JMT
I had night time temps in the mid 20s in early september on the the JMT. A puffy jacket was nice so I could sit up at night and marvel at the stars before turning in. +1 on the dirty girl gaite...

In Gear Lists » Help with clothes list for JMT
January 20, 12:02am

Re: Re: Re: Cuben / Down Quilt
How fragile is the .33 stuff? Can you put a finger or a toe nail through it with out noticing or does it take a little effort? Also has any one gotten one of these wet? I would assume it is pr...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben / Down Quilt
January 19, 10:01pm

Re: Patagonia R1 fabric
I think this Nisley classic, LINK is the best detailed explanation of clothing needed based on temperature and level of activity. The chart shows that while R1 (or powerstretch) are a lot of ins...

In GEAR » Patagonia R1 fabric
January 19, 9:25pm

Re: canister failure
"And of course there have been documented failures of canisters, in particular the Bear Vault, which had to go through two re-designs to thwart some particularly intelligent, or persistent, be...

In GEAR » Ursack Update
January 19, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Jersey/Sherling Grid Re: PowerDry Split Buy
Ok looks like we have some takers on the Jersey/Sherling jdempsey: 3 yd me: 5 yd jimqpublic: 4 yd Jim, 4 yd is the remainder of the 12.9 yd roll. If that is enough fine, but if you would l...

In Gear Deals » PowerDry Split Buy
January 19, 9:34am

Re: Jersey/Sherling Grid Re: PowerDry Split Buy
Yes I have gotten swatches. The jersey/sherling grid is a greenish grey. I would call it more grey than green. I think it's quite a nice color and a nice change from the black and brown I u...

In Gear Deals » PowerDry Split Buy
January 19, 1:02am

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.