Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Edward Jursek (nedjursek@gmail.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Edward Jursek has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Edward Jursek

Showing 141 - 150 of 581 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...59

Forum » Thread

lightest, most breathable shell
Delmar - I love the Zpacks Poncho/Grounsheet. I think it is the best design I have worn. The hood and bill are excellent, it has a deep front zipper for ventilation, side zippers, and a built in ad...

In GEAR » What's the lightest, most breathable shell there is?
June 09, 10:38pm

,51 and .74
Christopher - Well, to be honest, I usually keep my hooch entirely off budget when calculating the weight of my food. Learned that trick from Congress. It's morale value is simply too great to ...

In GEAR » .51 cuben and .74 cuben
June 09, 10:23pm

hiking pants
I love my Arcteryx Rampart pants. Great cut, pocket layout, materials and workmanship.

In GEAR » Suggestions for new hiking pants?
June 09, 10:17pm

Lightest, most breathable shell? Skin!
Skin! I have given up on "breathable" shells. As well as clean coal, fat free food that tastes good, Santa, unicorns and other myths. I switched to ponchos, rain skirts/kilts, and chaps y...

In GEAR » What's the lightest, most breathable shell there is?
June 08, 10:13pm

I don't know . . .
Zpacks uses the .51 cuben in their shelters and tarps. I have owned two of them. Never had any durability issues with the .51 cuben in a shelter. I think it comes down to a weight issue. If you are...

In GEAR » .51 cuben and .74 cuben
June 08, 9:45pm

Caldera Cone and Snow Peak
I use a Snow Peak 700ml pot from the ti mini solo set with a caldera cone sidewinder. I use esbit. I am sure I lose a bit of efficiency over using a wider bottom pot but I love my set up. Works gre...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Snow Peak pots
June 08, 9:23pm

Great Customer Service from Ruta Locura
I recently picked up a Clarkii rod from a BPL member on the Gear Swap Forum. When the rod came it had clearly been broken in shipment. The packing container had one end semi crushed. I checked with...

In GEAR » Great Customer Service from Ruta Locura
June 07, 4:33pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
Thanks Steve! The pack arrived yesterday and I have taken for a spin twice. Fits great. Volume is larger then I expected, which is a plus. Weight on my cheap digital scale was 14.35oz before I trim...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt Pack
June 07, 12:12pm

Gatewood Guy line question
Kevin - Thanks for the tips! If you leave the length fixed do you change the angle or height of the pole?

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Guy Line Question
June 06, 8:55am

Gatewood Cape Guy Line Question
Picked up a Gatewood Cape this winter. Seam sealed it and now for the guy lines. I picked up some 1.25mm spectra cord from Zpacks and some of their micro line locs. Any suggestions how long each gu...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Guy Line Question
June 05, 10:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Edward Jursek

Edward Jursek has posted no reviews.