BPL Community Profile

Richard Nelridge (naturephoto1) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Eastern Pennsylvania
About Me Fine Art Photographer specializing in Nature, Landscape, and Wildlife. Most of the work is sold through Art Shows, but I am looking for Gallery representation. Graduate degrees in Geology and Zoology/Biology/Ecology.
CityBreinigsville
StatePennsylvania
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.nelridge.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nelridge

Showing 141 - 150 of 422 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...43

Forum » Thread

Xtreme on sale
Paul and Bill, I think that this is the normal price for Campmor. I bought mine (for that price) at the store and picked up the larger cannisters as well for $4.99 each I believe in July. I am...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Coleman Xtreme Stove
November 13, 6:58pm

Stove and fuel (white gas vs. canister)
Ryan F, The Coleman Xtreme Stove is a Liquid Feed Gas stove. It is not nearly as subject to cold as the usual Canister type Gas Stove. Rich

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
November 11, 7:19pm

Fuel Bottle weights
Kevin, I knew (I knew you were not at fault) where the weight came from, but I didn't confirm Ryan's Spec. It seemed a bit high to me but, I finally went back to the Backcountry Equipment Websi...

November 10, 5:43pm

10.6 oz Coleman Powermax Fuel Bottle
Paul, The 10.6 oz fuel bottle weighs about 3.03 oz and the 6 oz bottle weighs about 2.4 oz. Rich

November 10, 5:35pm

MSR Titanium White Gas Fuel Bottles
Paul, As I said, the Titan (Titanium) Fuel Bottles were discontinued. Perhaps due to cost, perhaps problems due to thinner walls. But, I do know that they were lighter as the previous post to ...

November 10, 5:13pm

Fuel Bottles
Kevin, Actually that is not correct. The 13.5 oz MSR Titan (Titanium) Fuel Bottle with the cap had a spec of 3 oz (85 g). Backcountry equipment who use to sell them had a confirmed weight of 2...

November 10, 5:10pm

Paul, What MSR produced, and what most Titanium we use for backpacking including our hiking poles (like Leki) and cookware - (such as our Snow Peak, Evernew, and MSR Titanium Cookware)is actuall...

November 10, 4:54pm

Kevin, Even if Ryan J. has an MSR Titanium White Gas Fuel Bottle (and that would be OK for this experiment), MSR has discontinued the Titanium Bottles and would not be available for any of the B...

November 10, 4:31pm

Xtreme vs. weight considerations
Kevin, If we could get by with 1 10.6 oz Powermax Canister and 1 6 oz Powermax Canister, we would have 16.6 oz of fuel at a weight of 13.9 oz + 8.4 oz = 22.3 oz. This would only allow for 6.6...

November 10, 2:29pm

Stove and fuel (white gas vs. canister
Kevin, Again, as Michael suggested, you may want to consider the the Coleman Xtreme. My Xtreme weighs 11 oz (if carried in stuff sack 1 additional oz). 2 10.6 oz Powermax Fuel canisters weigh ...

November 10, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nelridge

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

AntiGravityGear (AGG) Customer service
Having just purchased one of the new BPL FireLite 550 Ti Pots I was interested in the Caldera Cone Stove for the pot along with the Antigravity Gear Caldera Kitchen. Trail Designs maker of the Calder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 23, 11:11am

Feathered Friends Rock Wren II (P-BPHAL shell, no longer made)
I have a Feathered Friends Lark with P-BHAL shell. I have liked the bag very much. When I called Feathered Friends and discussed the bag with them years later(and possibly when I ordered my Feathe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 20, 12:49pm