BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 141 - 150 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re:
"How do you know the shoe has worn out?" Upper blow out is just a sign of wear for me. The major determining factor is knee/ankle pain for me. I have terrible feet to begin with and ...

In GEAR » Selecting shoes
April 07, 2:23pm

Re:
"They work great and should last up to 1k miles, maybe even more." No offense, but this is absolutely not true. Tougher shoes uppers blow out at 500 miles. I have a pair of mt101s wi...

In GEAR » Selecting shoes
April 07, 1:44pm

Re: MT101's
I had a the same thing happen to my achilles on both feat. I blamed it on my shoe/sock combo. It seems that where they have the EVA along the collar of the shoe it forms an edge where it is bonde...

In GEAR » NB MT101 shredding my ankle
April 05, 6:54pm

Re: Poles
I've said this before I'm sure but this is my $0.02. Poles are fantastic at helping with balance, transferring weight from off your legs/knees to your arms, and giving you many more mile...

In GEAR » Trekking poles ?
April 05, 10:04am

Re: Haha
Oh that was classic. My favorite part was 'Don't forget your snake bite kit' haha.

In Philosophy & Technique » Hilarious video on "How to go backpacking".
April 03, 2:47pm

Re: NC
Love the pictures. I was just out in NC about a week ago doing a section of the AT thru GSMNP. I had a similar sunrise with the low lying clouds. I love southern Appalachia and I'm glad to h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mountains to Sea Trail, NC. Sections 9-12
April 03, 11:07am

Re: Steps
Welcome to the *right* way to backpack! (HYOH yes, yes) Best way to eliminate weight is to focus on the heaviest 3 things you will probably be carrying (typically): Pack, Shelter, Sleep system....

In GEAR » Steps in creating a new UL kit
April 03, 10:30am

Re: Altitude?
Altitude will also effect your boil times--more so than fuel sources you guys have discussed in these 'boil offs.' I think boiling temp here in Boulder is only like 87* C(ish) compared to ...

In GEAR » Bushcooker LT1 and 1 ounce of Kiln Dried Pine.
March 31, 1:54pm

Re: Pm Sent
Subject line says it all.

In Gear Swap » FS: Native Eyewear Reflexive Sprint Sunglasses-NEW
March 31, 1:28pm

Re:
I know this isn't the response you're looking for but not treating is my favorite. Mm crisp clean goodness

In GEAR » What is everybody's favorite way to treat water?
March 30, 6:44am

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.