November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 141 - 150 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

"How do you know the shoe has worn out?" Upper blow out is just a sign of wear for me. The major determining factor is knee/ankle pain for me. I have terrible feet to begin with and ...

In GEAR » Selecting shoes
April 07, 2:23pm

"They work great and should last up to 1k miles, maybe even more." No offense, but this is absolutely not true. Tougher shoes uppers blow out at 500 miles. I have a pair of mt101s wi...

In GEAR » Selecting shoes
April 07, 1:44pm

Re: MT101's
I had a the same thing happen to my achilles on both feat. I blamed it on my shoe/sock combo. It seems that where they have the EVA along the collar of the shoe it forms an edge where it is bonde...

In GEAR » NB MT101 shredding my ankle
April 05, 6:54pm

Re: Poles
I've said this before I'm sure but this is my $0.02. Poles are fantastic at helping with balance, transferring weight from off your legs/knees to your arms, and giving you many more mile...

In GEAR » Trekking poles ?
April 05, 10:04am

Re: Haha
Oh that was classic. My favorite part was 'Don't forget your snake bite kit' haha.

In Philosophy & Technique » Hilarious video on "How to go backpacking".
April 03, 2:47pm

Re: NC
Love the pictures. I was just out in NC about a week ago doing a section of the AT thru GSMNP. I had a similar sunrise with the low lying clouds. I love southern Appalachia and I'm glad to h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mountains to Sea Trail, NC. Sections 9-12
April 03, 11:07am

Re: Steps
Welcome to the *right* way to backpack! (HYOH yes, yes) Best way to eliminate weight is to focus on the heaviest 3 things you will probably be carrying (typically): Pack, Shelter, Sleep system....

In GEAR » Steps in creating a new UL kit
April 03, 10:30am

Re: Altitude?
Altitude will also effect your boil times--more so than fuel sources you guys have discussed in these 'boil offs.' I think boiling temp here in Boulder is only like 87* C(ish) compared to ...

In GEAR » Bushcooker LT1 and 1 ounce of Kiln Dried Pine.
March 31, 1:54pm

Re: Pm Sent
Subject line says it all.

In Gear Swap » FS: Native Eyewear Reflexive Sprint Sunglasses-NEW
March 31, 1:28pm

I know this isn't the response you're looking for but not treating is my favorite. Mm crisp clean goodness

In GEAR » What is everybody's favorite way to treat water?
March 30, 6:44am

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.