BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 141 - 150 of 800 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...80

Forum » Thread

Re: Nomad design tents
Thanks Samuel I just wanted to know if there was something out there I was missing as I kinda like this style of tent I own a LH solo I use now and then. And thank you Franco and I do kinda underst...

In GEAR » Help me get over fear of trekking pole tents
September 12, 9:59am

Re: leatherman weight
Thank you that looks a bit stronger than the classic and a bit longer on the handle length. I will have to check one out.

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 11, 5:04pm

Re: how small?
What does the leather man weigh,it appears to have the same length but wider blade as a sak classic and smaller scissors lacks the toothpick and tweezers but stronger blade might be nice

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 11, 4:34pm

Re: USEABLE interior space
Eric out of curiosity what tent are you referring to as not having usable space? How much of it is not usable?

September 10, 12:33pm

Re: trekking pole tents
Samuel what is the third company that puts out the variation of the wanderlust lightheart,six moons and ?

September 10, 8:55am

Re: Help me get over fear of trekking pole tents
Lose or break a trekking pole and you can easily substitute a stick or hang from a tree or overhead line tied to rock walls etc. Note that this is not true every where but it is where I hike. Lose ...

September 09, 11:40am

Re: how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
I'm sure most here all know but the classic also has a small file, screwdriver,scissors,toothpick and tweezers and the orange cord Mike added really helps keeps it and the photon that Mike also...

September 09, 10:52am

baptiste lake
If you fish, wet a line there for me. Note that part of the lake is on the reservation. If you do let me know about it.

In GEAR » Which sleeping bag in the Winds next week?
September 06, 10:26am

Re: Which sleeping bag in the Winds next week?
Two years ago I used a Ul spiral 3 in the winds the first week of sept temps down to the low teens I sleep warm used most my clothing and didn't suffer. That said it was my only ul bag. How muc...

In GEAR » Which sleeping bag in the Winds next week?
September 04, 9:18pm

Re: whats the best trail mp3 player?
For me none. YMMV

In GEAR » whats the best trail mp3 player?
September 04, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.