BPL Community Profile

Mitchell Keil (mitchellkeil) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Deep in the OC
About Me Mitchell Keil has not added a biography yet.
CityHuntington Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.integrityfa.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mitchell Keil

Showing 141 - 150 of 278 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Make Your Own Gear: Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles
Fascinating article! I would add one more source for the shafts: Carbon fiber ski poles. Not only are they designed with the specific stresses in mind that a treking pole experiences but they are ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles
May 09, 11:06am

Re: Synthetic Sleeping System using MB UL Synth #3
I now own a Montbell UL Alpine #3 synthetic rated to 30 degrees. This is not the SS version which adds another 11 oz but the gathered quilt version that weighs in at exactly 33oz without a stuff sa...

In GEAR » Synthetic Sleeping System
May 08, 5:23pm

Re: BPL headnet
Let me add that the BPL headnet is cooler as well. And I don't mean as in "way cool!" I have often found that hicking with a headnet on means experiencing some degree of discomfort bo...

In GEAR » BPL headnet
May 07, 12:58pm

Re: Your Avatar
Yosemite Sam, partner! Just found him heating a cup of something holding it with bare hands over a campfire funny. No special meaning attached except it sort of reminds me of Blazing Saddles for s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
April 11, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Fill
Hmmm! The Pounder. I'm sure that's a pound of Horse hockey as the Colonel from MASH would say! Nice to see proof. Thanks for the tip.

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
April 07, 11:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Fill
Dondo: By the way, where do you find these comparison charts for bags using the EN13537 data? Been googling and can't seem to get the search right. Any help would be appreciated.

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
April 06, 10:57am

Re: Re: Re: Synthetic Fill
Dondo: I was not casting aspersions on the comments about clo or the tech talk. Just wanted to provide a little perspective that was not technical. And yes you are right about "experience&quo...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
April 04, 9:53pm

Re: Re: Caldera Cone
Ben: Check my review of the Caldera and the several other people who have used it in the same thread.

In GEAR » Jetboil or normal canister ?
April 04, 9:29pm

Re: Synthetic Fill
After reviewing many of the post in this thread, it seems that most are focused on discussions of CLO and insulation comparisons. I think it appropriate to point out that just as with down bags, th...

In GEAR » Synthetic Fill
April 04, 1:31pm

Re: You know you've hit bottom when..
...the local boy scout council has a plaque on the wall in your name because of all the gear you have donated. That's me! I can't count how many tents, sleeping bags, pairs of boots and pac...

In GEAR » You know you've hit bottom when..
April 03, 5:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Mitchell Keil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Terra Nova Laser Photon
Please remove this "Non-Review" ADDED 9/27/2007 No problem. We all make mistakes. Thanks you

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 26, 11:41am

Probar Energy Bar
I was about to write my own review of these wonderbars, when Shawn beat me to it. I have been enjoying these 350 calorie bars for about 3 months and have been using them as my lunch on the trail. The...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 19, 11:51am

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
Adding my two cents. Bottom Line on this inexpensive "Rain" suit: I got soaked clear through under my shoulder straps on a windy blow trying to get over New Army Pass two summers ago. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 11:24am

Granite Gear Latitude Vapor
Reviewer Stats: Age = 58 Weight = 175 lbs Height = 6'3" Build = Athletic Waist = 34" Backpacking Experience = 30+ years Pack: Latitude Vapor Weight = 42oz size large Waist bel...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 1:25pm

Solomon XA Comp 3D
Personal Statistics: Age: 58 Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" Backpacking experience: 30 plus years Product statistics: weight: 25 ounces. Size: 12. Insoles: S...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 05, 1:45pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Personal Specs: Age: 58 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175lbs Backpacking experience: 30+ years I ordered these 7.75oz per pole all carbon trekking poles on a Monday and they arrived from the UK...

In Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:24pm

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Personal stats: age: 58. Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" backpacking experience: 30 years plus. Fitness level: athletic. This is a review of the Mont Bell, Alpine burrow bag number #3...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 1:23pm

Exped Downmat 7
I have used the Downmat 7 Shorty for 2 years now. I live in Southern CA and use it both here and in the Sierras. My scale indicates that the pad itself weighs 21oz and the foam lined stuff sack/inflat...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 25, 4:58pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Executive Summary: Of all the alcohol stoves ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 27, 3:23pm

Organic Food Bar Omega3 Flax
I posted this review baack on 2/22/2006 in a discussion about Big Sur Bars. I guess it more properly belongs here: OK, since we are considering highly dense nutritious and TASTY food bars, I thought ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 27, 1:47pm