BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 141 - 150 of 266 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...27

Forum » Thread

that's cool!!
Thanks for posting you blog article and the links to some of the items especially the Ti sheets :). The only thing I would want to change from your system (not trying to be rude just one thing I no...

In GEAR » does anyone use lighter gear than Ti for cooking gear?
December 29, 11:29pm

does anyone use lighter gear than Ti for cooking gear?
I am currently looking around for UL pot ideas to replace my jetboil. Nothing is what I'd consider light enough to make a switch from the JetBoil. I saw a video not long ago where someone u...

In GEAR » does anyone use lighter gear than Ti for cooking gear?
December 29, 9:59pm

lid and still in Oz
I have thought of replacing the lid before and found the prfect thing. Our cans of babyformula (Karicare Aptamil) has an aluminium top as an air seal just under the plastic topcover. That removed i...

In GEAR » lightest 3 cup Ti pot with Lid
December 29, 6:48pm

Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
I have the Colombia Titanium series long sleeve shirt. Not only is it it VERY lighgt but also very quick drying and also has a VERY high UV protection built into the fabric. Very happy with it.

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for sun protection
December 29, 6:38pm

thank you
Thank you for the responses including the cheaper option too :). Mik.

December 29, 4:09pm

lightest 3 cup Ti pot with Lid
Hi guys, I am the one who posted the 'hard to justify the Jetboil' thread. I started searching for Ti pots but there are so many I just basically want to get help to cut to the chase. W...

December 29, 2:31am

Re: Re: Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
John Abela, Thanks for posting your 2 different stoves...it gave me an idea I can probably make my own stove as well and don't need to spend anything at all. Had an idea also how you could p...

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 26, 4:09am

After some feedback and thought....
I started looking into the other boiling water options and yes there are stoves that are lighter out there but then I need a bowl/cup to boil water in and then there is the convenience factor that ...

December 25, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Justifying weight
"When you find yourself trying to justify gear weight then it is far past the time to close up the spreadsheets and hit a trail." +1. Greg hit it on the nail. Hahahaa I do agree but...

December 25, 1:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Try an alky
So your stove AND pot/lid tally is 4.6 ounce (130grams)???? That's a third of the jet boil. I can't see your system being so much less efficient that the fuel needed would outweigh the Jetb...

December 25, 1:43am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am