BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 141 - 150 of 368 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...37

Forum » Thread

Just a small piece of advice....
I too am a very cold sleeper. I tried a few pads, tried reflective material under my pad to reflect body heat, few sleeping bags and different layering of clothes including wearing 7 layers all at ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Therm-a-Rest Neo Air Trekker Torso Length Inflatable Sleeping Pad
August 16, 4:56am

13grams????
I am at a point of a re-measure!! 13 grams?!?!?! Sounds good but the day spa thongs/slipons seem to be one size only maybe around a size 9 or so and thus my size 12 feet needed me to make my own fr...

In GEAR » Lightest camp sandals ever?!
August 16, 4:42am

TarpTent tents :)
I am 6'4' and COMFORTABLE (lengthwise) fir into a TarpTent Rainbow. I bought the tent because when my son is ready to go hiking it will fit him in there for years to come. It has bathtub fl...

In GEAR » Recommendations for tent
August 15, 3:41pm

3rd in line for Jam
I'm sure it's gone already but if for some reason it falls through the first 2 guys I'm in :). Ta.

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarps, bug tent, and a sleeping pad
August 15, 6:56am

cooking in plastic jar?
Wha? How does that work without melting the plastic 'pot'? The half filled with air ziplock bags would work out heavier than my blow up travel pillow that allows me to blow it up as hard...

In Multiple Use Gear » reminder of simple yet effective MUG
August 13, 1:32am

my mistake
I appologise it seems I made a mistake regarding the pricing. At around $400 I might actually order one myself :) Edit: I think the $435 leaves out the stakes, stuff sack, groundsheet and tent p...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 12, 3:13pm

do you consider cost?
Hi again Jason, I just priced up the Long hexamid and to save about 300grams (10 ounces) on my TT Rainbow I'd have to spend a few hundred dollars more. Now for a UL shelter the $700 mark (and t...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 12, 5:51am

Re: "Medium Light" explained (rationalized)
Someone mentioned about comfort. I went from 20kg base weight to 6.4kg and I am actually taking more satuff now!! The only thing that I dropped in comfort is the BIG blow up bed (probably weighe...

In GEAR » "Medium Light"
August 11, 6:04pm

never used one
Mine didn't come with the starter. We've used Bic lighters that we carry for all fire starting issues.

In GEAR » Jetboil sol piezo igniter
August 11, 3:40pm

what is the baseweight for this trip?
We are planning a 6 day trek in 3 season weather not bellow freezing and I am wondering what is the base weight that the BPL-ers consider SUL, UL and normal weight for a trip like this? Thanks f...

In Gear Lists » what is the baseweight for this trip?
August 11, 2:47am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am