BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 141 - 150 of 414 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...42

Forum » Thread

jerry - read the post
@JERRY im not saying im right or wrong - but if you did read that specific post form richard you would see that the data i copied (as seen in the graph wim copied here) He MEASURED 5 exact same...

In GEAR » Smaller sleeping bag with 100% overfill: I am confused
October 04, 2:48pm

fake Rvalue
I emailed them about the Rvalue of the CCF - it doesnt make sense - if you look at ALL THE OTHER ccf pads out there and divide Rvalue by thickness this one has a way higher claimed value...and i do...

In GEAR » Hyalite CC Foam Pad
October 04, 11:08am

RE Roger
Rog, First - for my money you look darn sexy in that leotard;) Re your gear choices - interesting, i wonder how you evolved towards this point...would you, if you were teaching newcomers (eg ...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
October 02, 1:56am

Franco - "I'm too sexy for my tarp"
@franco - that is some GOOD LOOKING seam seal - kudos! btw - if i am using seam GRIP (eg on eVent, Pertex Sheild etc) what would you dilute it with? Mike

In GEAR » how much weight can I expect seam-sealing adds to a shelter's weight?
October 02, 1:39am

read the thread dustin
@dustin&@Jerry that was my whole point - richard posted MEASUREMENT RESULTS for that exact same scenario of same shell but diff fill weight i might be missing something...but if you read the ...

October 02, 1:27am

hmmm - not quite
@jerry - if you look at that same thread just a bit below you will see Richard replied basically saying that when you divide TOTAL CLO b y TOTAL bag weight you get the same result over the whole ra...

October 01, 4:41pm

full length for winter
@Michael W - I totally agree if i would be looking at the xtherm and cold weather hiking - in that case I personally think its worth the extra....but for milder clims (eg im going to spanish sierra...

In GEAR » Getting used to Xtherm SHORT (any tips?)
October 01, 1:58pm

same issue here
I have also been thinking about this - pad is much thicker than my TAR prolite and thus rucksack under feet aint enough (and pillows are too thin) when i sleep on my back it creates a concave cu...

In GEAR » Getting used to Xtherm SHORT (any tips?)
October 01, 1:45pm

MLD
evan - IIRC the MLD is Easton its small diameter (ie - NOT as large as treking poles) so i imagine will bow a bit and could snap - but for small tarps IMO its ok would NEVER trust that w TS or mid

In GEAR » Carbon Fiber or Aluminum Tarp Poles
October 01, 2:39am

emotions run high :)
Roger - obviously there is some merit in what you are saying. I assume like most people here you actually DO CARRY most of these items (whistle, small LED light, small knife etc) and what you are ...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
October 01, 2:23am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am