Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 141 - 150 of 786 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...79

Forum » Thread

weight and type of load?
Guess its depends on your maximum average loads? I have a 43" circ Chasm for trips of 5-7 days or longer, with a bear can,(50lbs) and a Merkebeiner for trips up to 5 days (30lbs) without a bea...

In GEAR » Ryan Jordan's McHale Pack
May 05, 11:47am

?
Richard, I didn't get your PM, email me at mfog1@att.net

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch
May 02, 7:45pm

Sold: Katabatic Gear Sawatch Sold
2010 Katabatic Gear Sawatch quilt, size 6' $300.00 shipped (used for 5 nights) Paypal preferred Quilt is sold to Roger M.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch
May 02, 12:09pm

For Sale?
If this is true, then I'll be putting up my lightly used Sawatch for sale, and purchase the same, but in the new wider width.

In GEAR » Katabatic Wide Quilts
May 01, 11:02pm

both packs
I have both packs and the Circuit will handle and carry a 25lb+ load better than the Mariposa, is more durable, and has a better load bearing hip-belt as well.

In GEAR » JMT Pack: Mariposa v. Circuit
April 27, 8:44pm

Dig it
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2525735110100930373ckrvsx?vhost=outdoors

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 10:50pm

wide
I like a 55" wide quilt better, but 52" wide is OK too, just don't go less than 52". I have a Katabatic Sawatch quilt which I believe is 52" wide and a Nuntatak Arc Specalis...

In GEAR » Girth
April 26, 7:00pm

2lb limit ?
Forget about the 2lb pack weight limit, and you can open things up a bit.I'll throw my McHale Merkebeiner into the ring, and still be left standing, although,I'm not sure that it meets your...

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 6:49pm

Pictures
Meanwhile here's some pictures to wet your whistle: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/579899924HCFIQA?vhost=outdoors

In GEAR » Any McHale packs in the Denver area?
April 25, 10:49pm

treat all water
I treat all my water using Aqua Mira, and can heat 24oz of cold water hot enough(close to a boil) for a meal and coffee etc, using one Esbit tab,with a Evernew .9 un-coated short Ti. pot,TD Sidewin...

In GEAR » Is one large boil more fuel efficient than two small?
April 23, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm