Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado Foothills
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 141 - 150 of 823 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...83

Forum » Thread

Fabric vs technique
Have you read this article - http://40yearsofwalking.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/the-bivy-condensation-conundrum/ ? "I have scoured the internet and there is no miracle fabric, all bivies ha...

In GEAR » Any Reveiws On The Ti Goat Ptarmigan Bivy?
May 20, 8:30am

Hill, mountain, whatever
Are you sure you're not the Earl of Lonsdale, "Stephen"? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/lakedistrictandcumbria/10821646/A-mountain-to-climb-to-buy-Blencat...

In Gear Swap » F.S. hill
May 18, 7:30pm

Re: SuperMid vs SS2
Derek, I'm on my way home from a work trip so I'll check my photo library tonight. All I have on my phone is the duo inner pitched alone, and I think you already have a sense of its size. ...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 14, 7:42pm

SuperMid vs SS2
Derek, I switched from the SS2 to the SuperMid last year for family use - two adults, a 6 year old active rotisserie sleeping son, and a 70lb dog. The SS2 was a cracking 2P shelter and can be exten...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 13, 6:43pm

Re: Re: F.S. Borah Gear Down Pants (Large)
1.5oz overfill in addition to the 3oz standard 850 down, with a total weight of 7.4oz? That's warmer than my WM Flight pants at about 60% of their weight. Very nice, Stephen.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Borah Gear Down Pants (Large)
May 13, 8:15am

Re: Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Soul Bivy Review
This is the kind of review that keeps me renewing my membership each summer. I appreciate you taking the time to test the bivy in varied conditions, and sharing your impressions on standard sizing,...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Soul Bivy Review
May 07, 11:08pm

Re: F.S. Katabatic Blackwelder quilt (Wide\Reg)
That is a lovely piece of kit, Stephen. These aren't made any more are they? That quantity of down means it's got to be on a par with the WM Kodiak, and a good 10oz lighter. Decisions, d...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Katabatic Blackwelder quilt (Wide\Reg) & Crestone Hood, both never used.
May 02, 2:47pm

Door
Hi Gary, I just saw the updates to this thread. Yes, it's the door from a cottage manufacturer now hunkered down in the lowlands of Scotland, facing a lot of criticism for non-fulfillment o...

In GEAR » TrailStar question
April 27, 4:32pm

Trailstar door
Gary, Want to borrow my cuben door to try it for size? It does a good job of keeping the worst of the conditions out while still allowing decent ventilation.

In GEAR » TrailStar question
April 26, 5:30pm

Tenkara, Patagucci style
Fly fishing, with all its "rules" and equipment, had as much appeal to me as golf. That is until I learned about Tenkara through Daniel Galhardo, credited with bringing this variant to N...

In Editor's Roundtable » An Introduction to Simple Fly Fishing
April 23, 6:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am