BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 141 - 150 of 1732 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...174

Forum » Thread

south of MTR
SEKI allows alcohol and esbit during fire restrictions, so from MTR southward, I think you can use those for sure. Buy a cheap ebay cannister stove and leave it in the hiker box at MTR and use alch...

In Gear Lists » Headed south on the JMT on July 29...
June 10, 8:04pm

JMT food and resupply
What do you mean you are "dropping a package at TM"? Where, or to who? If you leave it in the bearbox, you might find it gone, rangers will confiscate it (I hear) and you will have to...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT food and resupply
June 10, 6:44pm

tips
I dont think its the hole size that matters really, its the dropper tip size and shape. Surface tension keeps it adhered until the droplet weight overcomes it. If you tilt the bottle to the si...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Aqua Mira Recanting Numbers - about 5 drop with the USP droppers
June 10, 4:26am

AM drops
Very interesting. Because your #s are opposite mine, and others. I found about 10-11 drops/liter needed of each for AM recipe. From MLDs website (who resells the bottles), they found the sam...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Aqua Mira Recanting Numbers - about 5 drop with the USP droppers
June 09, 8:22pm

fuel cannisters
Interesting that SEKI fire restriction regulations specifically say that both alcohol and esbit are specifically permitted during EXTREME restricted times. "Gas, propane, alcohol (with and ...

In GEAR » fuel canisters
June 09, 6:49pm

slipping pillow
on a full length pad with my head on the pad, I have no problem, usually using a mesh clothing sack with a rubber band around neck, it makes a circular pillow. Shoes are inserted under the pad toe ...

In GEAR » Pillow slipping out under my head
June 08, 9:22pm

water
When you go into dry camp, you need enough water for that day, and the next morning to get to the next source. The best way to handle this is to cook dinner for lunch, and eat lunch for dinner. T...

In Philmont » Water Management for Dry Camps
June 07, 7:56am

Hexamid solo vs. Solplex
The biggest disadvantage I see, is the cuben floor on the solplex will take more damage being directly on the ground, and it is permanently attached to the shelter. It is also easily and 100% re...

In GEAR » Hexamid solo vs. Solplex
June 04, 6:56pm

list
No long johns? No rain pants? No spare socks? No gloves? Bug stuff is a consumeable, except for the container Sunscreen is a consumeable, and you probably need a bit

In Gear Lists » JMT sobo July final list
June 03, 6:51pm

circuit vs ohm
That couple of oz for the al stay that stays conformed to your back shape (once you bend it to do so), simply makes the circuit a much easier pack to pack and to use. If you are only carrying 20 lb...

In GEAR » Ohm 2.0 vs Circuit for low loads
June 03, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm