BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 141 - 150 of 1520 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...152

Forum » Thread

new SMD packs
SMD facebook page says they will have their new packs at the GGG. Hope someone takes some pics and notes to bring back and post.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 24, 5:48pm

rubbers
"I'd think that just wrapping a rubber band outside the glove at the wrist would do it, if one of the right size could be found. But it can't." I end up wearing several sta...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Rain Mitt Review
January 24, 5:37pm

cozy.
Never, not needed. Just another unnecessary single purpose item for the type A personality. As long as you have a hat, jacket, fleece, or sleeping bag, you dont need a cozy for a freezer bag. I...

In GEAR » Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freeaer Bag Cooking?
January 24, 3:30pm

pack
A good pack that fits right should have the capability of carrying all the weight on your hips. Your back shouldnt be an issue. A lot of lightwt packs will start out with weight on hips, then sl...

In GEAR » Lighter pack or better frame with bad back?
January 21, 7:07pm

tarp
When its raining, a tarp is great. You can pitch it and rest under it, cook there, etc. You dont usually want to get into your tent all wet. A tarp, with an inner net is the best , if the net c...

In GEAR » Tarps vs tents vs bivys: What's your $0.02?
January 20, 3:09pm

big4
3.9 +/- 1 depending on trip and conditions

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 19, 8:35pm

waters
a marked pot perhaps? A piece of tape on the side? I never add more than 75% of the water the directions call for anyway. You can always add a dab more water, but the only way to thicken a soup...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 4:53pm

real
There are many there for which 50 lbs is real. I watched quite a few weigh in 50-60 lb packs. Id say 45 is the norm. Our heaviest leaving base was about 35. We were the lightest crew I saw w...

In Philmont » 35 to 50
January 13, 4:41pm

AT slackpack
Stay at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega, GA. They can slack pack you all thru GA, while spending the night in the nicest, cleanest hostel with the best breakfast that you will ever stay in. Th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Slackpack for parents
January 12, 5:55pm

packs
How much it matters, depends on the weight you carry. But one thing is sure, you dont need a $600 custom 3lb framed pack, to carry 20 lbs. The proof is out there everyday. I do agree with ...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 5:37pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm