BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 141 - 150 of 1715 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...172

Forum » Thread

NB minimus zero trail V2
Anyone have any experience with the NB minimus zero trail V2? I did a search here and not much came up. I tried on a pair today and my opinion in the store was pretty positive as far as what I ...

In GEAR » NB minimus zero trail V2
May 29, 7:22pm

washing bag
My suggestion, is to tub wash it by hand. DWR coated bags, dont wet out well, trap air when wet, and the bag just kind of floats there sometimes in a washer while the washer spins around it. E...

In GEAR » Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
May 29, 7:01pm

mrt to whitney food
I can get 8 days of ~3500 cal per day in it. At 3000, it might be 9 days . 12 days, I dont really think so. With 8 days in the can, and 1st day(1/2 day after resupply) in the pack, I plan to m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help Pimp my MTR to Whitney Food System
May 28, 6:57pm

map paper
No experience with it, but REI sells the national geographic waterproof map paper in 8.5 x 11 sheets. Me, I copy maps onto regular paper and keep in ziplock bag. Position the map so you can see...

In GEAR » I'm Looking for Waterproof and Tear Resistant Plastic (Paper) to Print Maps On
May 26, 7:51pm

liners
Pretty much agree here as well. What you basically have with a bag liner is a sheet. There isnt any magic. If a liner was made of magic material that could add 15F warmth while being only 1...

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 25, 8:49pm

line locs
If my hexamid line needs to be adjusted for some reason, like pitching lower to groud, or uneven ground, I wrap it around the stake to shorten it up, then stick it in the ground. A pitch, does...

In GEAR » Why use line locks on a guylines?
May 25, 3:00pm

start date
July 18 from Glacier Pt. here. Plan to hike the JMT-mist trail loop the day before on the 17. If I can get a walkup HI permit for 17th, Id probably take that instead to go ahead and get on the tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT start date: 8/12 out of Mono Meadows
May 25, 11:00am

comparison
I always found I could get about the same amt of stuff in my ohm and circuit,mainly due to the stretchy pocket on the ohm. BUT...the circuits stay keeps the pack conformed to back shape, if you ...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm 2.0 and Circuit comparison
May 24, 7:59am

cheap
I dont know that there is any such thing as "best" Just opinions. Some cheap gear, can be downright dangerous. Sleeping bags that have NO DWR treatment. Tents arent seam taped ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Scout starter backpacking gear -- the cheapest, best basic gear
May 23, 7:32pm

lean tissue loss
It is well known that on restricted calorie intake you lose significant lean body tissues. As much as 65% lean body tissues has been measured in studies before. No , protein intake does not p...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Caloric Deficit on the Trail
May 23, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm