BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 141 - 150 of 163 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

soaking wet feet
please share your ideas on how you guys keep your feet dry in rainy conditions. i just returned from a 3 day trip in cascades, wa, and it rained at least twice a day. the rain itself is not as much...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » soaking wet feet
July 27, 1:28pm

Cary
cary, you are funny! it does help to go thru the checklist of the "seven points of compatibility", but it rarely happens that way unless you are on e-harmony.com , doesn't it? ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with my wife
July 27, 1:11pm

We should get in touch!
Kathleen, lets get together! i want to backpack in winter, and my husband hates cold weather. where exactly in the PNW are you? I'm in Bellevue, WA.

July 27, 12:53pm

from a wife's standpoint
wow you guys are funny: chocolate, wine, and no bugs. add a spa treatment ...and this sounds like a cruise vacation to me:) I wanted to make two points. First, i guess i'm a little shocked t...

July 22, 8:49pm

saving life poles
On my first prolonged backcountry experience (a 20-day trek on PCT in Seirra Nevada), I didn't bring any poles. i thought i wouldn't need them. After a day hiking, my partner made me poles ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking poles - All in the Head?
July 15, 11:21am

bugs
so now i'm preparing myself to be bug's food :) just lost an icebreaker shirt to an army of moth last weekend, by foolishly leaving it outside to "dry". Those bugs seem to be mo...

In Gear Lists » North Cascades - Summer
June 18, 6:03pm

comments
Thank you, everyone. Yes, i need to think about sturdier cups, the foam ones have crushed on me before. Tad, i was wondering about your experience with the Roclites. i was considering purchasing ...

June 15, 11:40am

North Cascades - Summer
Hi! Could you please look over my gear list and critique it? The list can be found in my profile as a PDF file. Blue weights - means estimated weights. I haven't measured personally. ...

June 11, 10:57am

my size
if this helps you, my size is 33 inches (chest) 27 inches (waist) 35.5 inches (hip) and I am 159 cm tall Virga - small

In GEAR » Golite Virga Fit (Women's)?
June 10, 12:51pm

Virga size
I usually wear size small or extra small, depending on manufacturer. Icebreaker small is slightly bigger than I want, so I switched to their extra small. But it's a base layer, so it should fit...

In GEAR » Golite Virga Fit (Women's)?
June 10, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm