BPL Community Profile

Kyle Meyer (kylemeyer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me Kyle Meyer has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOR
My Website URLhttp://wenthiking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Meyer

Showing 141 - 150 of 241 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Rei halo 40
For what it's worth, I use a women's 40* Halo (men's 28) and it is very accurately rated. Was out two nights ago in Central Oregon at 6000' and stayed warm and happy. I think the ba...

In GEAR » No love for the REI Halo bags?
October 31, 8:46am

Re: Re: Neoair XTherm
David, when have Thermarest's ratings ever been less than they quoted? The original Neoair was tested by BPL to average a better R value than they advertise. Given that, I'd expect the XThe...

In GEAR » Exped synamat ul 7 vs neoair
October 26, 10:47pm

Neoair XTherm
http://www.thegearcaster.com/the_gearcaster/2011/07/therm-a-rest-neoair-gets-warmer-and-lighter.html What about the Neoair XTherm or Neoair XLite that'll be available in January? The XThe...

In GEAR » Exped synamat ul 7 vs neoair
October 26, 10:14pm

Re: Two things
What diameter rope are you using that mice can walk up it? I'd suspect some 2.2mm dyneema arborist rope rated to around 600lbs would serve both your pack weight and your food well.

In GEAR » PCT Bear Bag Method
October 25, 10:45am

Re: butt cream
I prefer the Bodyglide over the bike shop creams because Bodyglide is packaged like deodorant so you don't have to put your hand in your crack while backpacking. Ick.

In GEAR » butt cream?
October 23, 3:29pm

Re: cutbow
Fishing in Minnesota is like cheating! Holy moly that is a giant trout.

In Fishing » Fish show & tell
October 23, 11:12am

Fish show & tell
Let's all share photos of the fishes we catch on our hiking & backpacking adventures as they happen. It'd be great to share the location, the rod used, the fly or tackle, and anything e...

In Fishing » Fish show & tell
October 22, 4:10pm

Re: Winter footwear
One thing to consider is that, in my experience, strap on crampons have a tendency to migrate sideways off a boot if you're using flexible "light hikers" for mountaineering. That said...

In Winter Hiking » Winter footwear
October 20, 4:16pm

Re: What do you do for a living?
Web designer & developer here. That's sort of engineery?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 20, 3:45pm

R1 / Nano Puff / Alpine Light Parka
I snow camped this year in February on a night that got down to 7ºF and was comfortable sitting outside and chatting with an R1 Hoody, Nanopuff, and Alpine Light Parka, but I'm 6', 195lbs ...

In GEAR » What winter jacket needed when paired with nano puff
October 20, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Meyer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Trailstar
I've now had the Trailstar out over thirt...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 11:43am