Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 141 - 150 of 273 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...28

Forum » Thread

That is my general hypothesis
It's where I start usually on a proto, although that assumes all have the same length. If you odd ball shaped then it would factor in as well.

In Make Your Own Gear » Octamid Help
March 20, 3:46pm

Gravity and Angle
Longer runs to the corner of mids require more, and more of a turn in the fabric (like 90 degree) seems to bring some sort of a natural tension against each other rather than a rounding effect. It&...

March 20, 12:52pm

Cat cuts
As a point of reference, our BCS which is a vertical seam, mid / tipi hybrid has vastly different cat cut amounts from the mid / corners to the more tipi style front side. In fact the cat might onl...

March 20, 8:36am

Bump
No Spam, no hidden stuff, just a chance to win. http://seekoutside.com/win-a-backcountry-shelter

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 20, 8:26am

It depends
Hi You can use a selvage / bias orientation on each seam and stretch will be similar. The thread also comes into play, minimizing stretch in the seam. Circular vs. Vertical and Hybrid orient...

March 20, 7:00am

Wind etc
The shape, fabric being taught , staking , pole and guyouts are the main things that will determine wind performance. I spent the night in this the other night It's 260+ square feet. ...

March 19, 12:37pm

Staking
Staking mids or tipi's should not be taken lightly. It is very important when the weather turns poor. You can also create a lot more interior room with guyouts, especially vectoring and tensio...

In GEAR » Wind v Snow resistance w/r/t Mids
March 09, 8:59am

I like it
Hi Lawson I like it. I am probably in disagreement with most of the posters here, because I would trade 6 ounces for a lot more flexibility and load capacity. Here are my observations: - ...

In Gear Deals » Possible Backpack- Feedback Wanted
March 08, 7:15pm

No spam or selling
Hi We don't use your email for anything but our posts, or you can do a like on facebook, both work. We try to keep communication to a minimum, generally only posting specials, reviews, or n...

March 08, 2:47pm

Thank you
I did not know how to do a click able link on this forum. Thanks

March 08, 11:47am

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.