BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 141 - 150 of 265 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...27

Forum » Thread

No spam or selling
Hi We don't use your email for anything but our posts, or you can do a like on facebook, both work. We try to keep communication to a minimum, generally only posting specials, reviews, or n...

In Gear Deals » Win a Backcountry Shelter
March 08, 2:47pm

Thank you
I did not know how to do a click able link on this forum. Thanks

March 08, 11:47am

Win a Backcountry Shelter
Win a backcountry shelter in a drawing. This is a super flexible light weight tent that is stove compatible. The shelter can be opened up like a tarp, or expanded using an add on panel. For more...

March 08, 8:19am

Snow shedding etc
Tipi's tend to do both well. I had an 8 man out (9 feet tall) taking 35 MPH winds and a few inches of wet snow without much issue. I know smaller ones would fair better. I apologize for the...

In GEAR » Wind v Snow resistance w/r/t Mids
March 08, 8:15am

Backcountry shelter
The BCS fits that criteria and is based of the george tarp with some modifications. More information is here http://seekoutside.com/backcountry-shelter-2/ and here is a review http://...

In Make Your Own Gear » Half Pyramid
March 05, 4:39pm

Hi Fat
I've done a fair bit of reading on Paleo / Primal etc as well as done various activities from ultra trail races to X-fit. Below are my observations as I don't want to spend so much time on ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
February 29, 10:49am

Packs
I've had a nice frame, it was nice but to heavy for day to day hunting. Here are some options I've know people to use - ULA Epic with heavier stays and a couple extra compression st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 24, 6:17pm

backpack hunting
@ Mike The backpack hunting section on 24hourcampfire has lots of good information and this has been discussed before. I talk to a lot of lightweight hunters. That being said here are some w...

February 24, 1:38pm

Concrete screws
That is what I use in ice / frozen ground. Cheap and effective.

In Winter Hiking » self-standing 4 season tent?
February 24, 11:47am

Weight
This has been discussed on other forums, but it's hard to get below 18lbs, and most UL hikers that hunt still think about 25 - 30 lb is the limit for all in. You need to be prepared to responsi...

February 24, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.