Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 141 - 150 of 8320 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...832

Forum » Thread

Re: Less trees, more water for California?
How can we possibly need water when we have the Great Lakes to drain for LA's drinking water. Pipeline. Get busy. Timber industry is somewhat alive here still.

In On the Web » Less trees, more water for California?
October 14, 7:15pm

Re: Caribou Lake
I'll keep that in mind Tom.

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribou Lake
October 14, 7:03pm

Re: Snow Peak Lantern
http://www.amazon.com/Operated-RTGS-Products-Satisfaction-Guarantee/dp/B004DZBYXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413248637&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+led+string+lights Amazingly versatile.

In GEAR » Snow Peak Lantern
October 13, 7:18pm

Re: Re: How to get water into collapsible bags?
i use a gusseted bottom stiffer plastic bag that had sugar in it. Stands up by itself when full. Easy to pour from. Holds about a liter. Was free with sugar. Had a ziploc top that I cut off. Rolls ...

In GEAR » How to get water into collapsible bags?
October 13, 2:49pm

Re: Caribou Lake, Oct.2014 BPLr fall trip.
aka The Goat Trip I've been doing these October BPLr trips for a while now. Always fun to get a bunch of us together in the actual backcountry away from the computers. This year did not dis...

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribou Lake
October 13, 11:15am

Re: Office Politics. Retarded monkeys (devolution)
"People that care need to stand up and make themselves heard." Yeah but other people don't like that and will chastise you. Saw that right here on BPL with myself involved.

In Chaff » Office Politics
October 13, 10:21am

Re: Will tyvek talk
http://gossamergear.com/wp/tips/tip-of-the-week-will-rietveld-talks-tivek Always reminds me of construction site trash. Which reminds me of work. So I use something else.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek bathtub floor?
October 13, 9:39am

Re: tyvek NOT waterproof???
You'll find out then. I've been wrong plenty. All you need to know is here. Tyvek How It Works The unique nonwoven structure of Tyvek® HomeWrap® makes it breathable, allowing ...

October 13, 9:32am

Re: tyvek NOT waterproof???
some varieties are, some are not. keeping up with technology. Edited.

October 13, 9:16am

Backpacking Light's News Digest: No. 1
Good job Eric I did find some newer things to read, so thanks agin.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Light's News Digest: No. 1
October 08, 6:48am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am