BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 141 - 150 of 8130 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...813

Forum » Thread

Re: Enan specs...
Hilleberg specs link

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
August 17, 6:45pm

Re: Blur your home on Google maps
If I could only blur my actual house. That would be something. Need Google to drive past again as we replanted the front flower beds.

In Chaff » Blur your home on Google maps
August 17, 8:16am

Re: Ursack Approved by IGBC
The Ursack passed the test unlined and not tied to anything.

In GEAR » Ursack Approved by IGBC
August 16, 8:00pm

Re: Sawyer Mini Tips
If you don't have a Platy to cut up as I did not either. I use a gusseted plastic 1lb sugar bag that had a ziploc opening on it. Cut the ziploc off and it holds more than a liter. I use it as a...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Tips
August 15, 7:16pm

Re: This review. It's a ruse
Duh.

In Editor's Roundtable » Martin Titanium Knife
August 15, 6:59pm

Re:Goretex socks
I'll let my feet be wet while hiking. Tons of water here and rain as well. Wet is inevitable. I like the Goretex socks in the shoulder seasons so I can wear my soaked shoes in camp and have war...

In GEAR » Lightweight Hiking Shoes - Approach?
August 15, 7:45am

This review. It's a ruse
to get you to follow the trip blog on ryanjordan.com Hmm, why not post that stuff here? Difficult for Ryan to generate content for this subscription based business when he's busy creating...

In Editor's Roundtable » Martin Titanium Knife
August 15, 7:39am

Re: Questions from the LIVE event
"The problem with a green tent is that it creates a poor color interior (you, your stuff, your tent mate, all look green) and it can be depressing over time" Horse poop. Having had bro...

In GEAR » SNEAK PEEK: 2015 Sierra Designs TENSEGRITY ShelterS
August 15, 7:24am

Re: WTB: mini dropper bottles, GG pack liner, Bear Boxer canister
If you're thinking about a Contender may I suggest you reconsider with the BV450? Having had both I feel the BV is more livable. Weight is about the same. The opening, and the overly complex li...

In Gear Swap » WTB: mini dropper bottles, GG pack liner, Bear Boxer canister
August 14, 9:48pm

Re: READERS - What do you want investigated in 2007? (and beyond)
Still some great ideas that have been untouched. Cool to see so many of the same names still around. Bitch as we may BPL is still providing something of value to us.

In Editor's Roundtable » READERS - What do you want investigated in 2007?
August 14, 7:54am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am