Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 141 - 150 of 679 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Double Rainbow rain and other questions
"Having said that wouldn’t animals be more cautious when approaching a big tent (since they do not see what is exactly inside. There could be a big, dangerous creature inside) as opposed to ...

In GEAR » Tarptent (Double Rainbow) question
April 20, 8:32am

Re: Re: Re: Double Rainbow rain and other questions
Konrad's photo shows the "front porch" setup, using two trekking poles and a couple of guy lines and stakes to create an awning over one door. It's a great feature, but not the s...

April 19, 11:30am

Re: Double Rainbow rain and other questions
We had misting in several very heavy rain storms (the kind where you would be soaked to the skin in seconds if you stepped outside.) It's more like very high humidity, or the mist coming off a ...

April 17, 7:45pm

Re: is a 12kg gear and fuel list still validate an internal framed backpack
I tested several frameless options, and found that for me, about 10kg total pack weight was the limit for comfort in a frameless pack. 8-9kg was much better. Other people can carry more, but I have...

In GEAR » is a 12kg gear and fuel list still validate an internal framed backpack
April 17, 7:23pm

Re: Tarptent (Double Rainbow) question
The fabric can handle extremely heavy rain, though you will on occasion get some "misting" through it. In my experience, not a big deal. The tent handles heavy wind, too, especially if yo...

April 16, 1:47pm

Re: Lightest 3 Person Tent
We had the original Rainshadow when our daughter hiked with us. Great tent, lots of room inside for three actual adult people. Good ventilation (translates to somewhat colder than a traditional ten...

In GEAR » Lightest 3 Person Tent
April 12, 3:57pm

Re: MH Micro Dome, SW Cuffed Beanie? Or?
I have a couple of Microdomes and LOVE them. Light, warm, small, and awesome. I've not used the SW hat, but my wife knit me a merino wool hat from sock yarn, and it's also very nice. Bu...

In GEAR » MH Micro Dome, SW Cuffed Beanie? Or?
April 10, 6:49pm

Re: Sleeping pad with an Ohm
I would just roll the pad and carry it on the top of the pack, using the top strap. Simple and convenient.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad with an Ohm
March 25, 7:46am

Re: Try Pack Before Buying
My current pack is a custom Circuit, but I spent a couple of hours walking around Mountain Crossings at Neels Gap in Georgia with a stock Circuit and all my gear. Before that I bought an Ohm sight-...

In GEAR » Try Pack Before Buying
March 25, 7:42am

Re: i pods for dummies
Yes, get an actual iPod, probably a Nano. You'll need to install the application iTunes on your computer (they have Windows and Mac versions.) Within iTunes you may "rip" your CDs in...

In GEAR » i pods for dummies
March 22, 11:45am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm