BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 141 - 150 of 2789 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...279

Forum » Thread

Re: Is a Garmin Foretrex going to do the job?
Do you have a smartphone? In my opinion, the gps device on my smartphone is better than the dedicated gps devices. And it's multi-use. You can get phone chargers that run off regular batteries ...

In GEAR » Is a Garmin Foretrex going to do the job?
May 28, 7:17pm

Re: Really?!
Alessandra, this is a free forum where people are voluntarily, without any benefit to themselves, sharing their wisdom. Yet when someone gives you information that does not exactly answer your ques...

In GEAR » Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
May 28, 6:22pm

Re: Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
Why do you not want chemicals? Yes, the sawyer is pretty much the standard filter now. Very light and effective. The steripen is good too, but it doesn't clean out gunk like a filter and has...

In GEAR » Do I have any other option for a water purifier a part from the Steripen and Sawyer models?
May 28, 4:50pm

Re: Purple Ula
My green ULA took black well, hopefully that means your purple ula should take it well.

In Make Your Own Gear » ULA Circuit - Navy Blue Dye Success
May 28, 3:58pm

Re: Re: Re: 4 days in the emigrant wilderness
Brian, where did you end up going?

In Post-Trip Reports » 4 days in the emigrant wilderness
May 28, 2:35pm

Re: Re: 4 days in the emigrant wilderness
Plenty of fish. The russian guy we met at Buck Lakes caught four 12 inch rainbows with little effort. Crossing the west fork of cherry creek was no big deal. The north fork of cherry creek, whic...

May 28, 2:33pm

Re: Quick Question about Darn Tough Socks
I usually go a little on the large side. Tight socks are bad, loose socks are not a problem. Do you have an REI nearby? They sell them.

In GEAR » Quick Question about Darn Tough Socks
May 28, 11:21am

4 days in the emigrant wilderness
Took a 4 day and 3 night trip to the Emigrant Wilderness with Morgan Rucks. It was an equal mix of off trail hiking, following old use trails, and following maintained trails. He carried a bunch of...

May 28, 11:15am

Re: move
You don't carry dry clothes, a shelter, and a sleeping bag when hiking? I don't think that not carrying a rain jacket and going with the windshirt+fleece method is not taking rain seriou...

In GEAR » Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
May 28, 12:40am

Re: Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
Yes, it works ok if you are moving and generating heat. When you stop moving, move slower, or switch to downhill you will get colder because the water conducting heat from you is more equal to the ...

In GEAR » Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
May 28, 12:05am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am