BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 141 - 150 of 2923 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...293

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: New, clearer stove regulations are out for Yosemite and SEKI!
Then you can assume everything is allowed above 6,000 feet until you hit the high elevation mark for wood fire bans.

In GEAR » New, clearer stove regulations are out for Yosemite and SEKI!
July 19, 9:51pm

Re: What do you hike with that nobody else has?
Sometimes I carry a 1 pound book on tree/shrub identification. My main hiking friend regularly carries 2 pairs of jeans on some trips. Sometimes he carries a 28 inch chopping axe. Som...

In GEAR » What do you hike with that nobody else has?
July 19, 9:49pm

Re: new balance mid top 790
Says they are "water repellent" which means they might take forever to dry out, also won't be actually waterproof. That crappy in between.

In GEAR » new balance mid top 790
July 19, 8:03pm

Re: Re: cellphones in restaurants...
Jerry, I'm a 20 something and I also dislike how people my age are glued to phones like zombies. Even some people who are my parents age are the same way. Regarding phones, I use mine extens...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Connected on the trail
July 19, 10:44am

Re: Re: Re: A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
Awesome, this gives me some ideas for future trips. I was out in yosemite wednesday and witnessed the worst weather I have ever seen (haven't been in too much terrible weather though). Looks...

In Post-Trip Reports » A Visit to the Middle Fork of the Kings River
July 18, 5:50pm

Re: Connected on the trail
"Rather than buy an 'security' devices why not take a wilderness medicine course." "Before I was out of high school our parents would drop us off at the trail head, saying...

July 18, 12:35am

Re: Unconnected
"Solitude? Primitive? I don't think chatting on a cell phone, downloading Netflix, texting your every move to people quite fits the intended purpose...what about the rest of us? I feel lik...

July 18, 12:22am

Re: Sierra High Route next week!!!
Are you bringing a rain jacket this time? I know you can hike hard on a trail and keep warm without one, but think about being stuck up on a tricky pass that you have to move slowly and carefully ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra High Route next week!!!
July 17, 11:09pm

Re: RE: Connected
Hmm, well, I don't typically hike in places with cell reception. Even my local state park, which borders right up to suburbs, only has cell service up above on the ridges.

July 14, 12:30am

tech
I use my phone for taking pictures, gps navigation, storing ebooks, and storing general information. I don't see anyone complaining about cameras, gps devices, or books ruining the wildernes...

July 13, 12:30am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am