BPL Community Profile

Justin Chaussee (judach) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Earth
About Me I'd rather be fishing...
CitySuck-ramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Chaussee

Showing 141 - 150 of 187 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: fastpacker.
"Ahhh, life as a TurtlePacker." Haha, LONG LIVE THE TURTLEPACKERS!!!

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacker.com Ultralight Handbook...
March 04, 10:07pm

Re: Re: Re: What do you use for navigation?
I have no problem navigating with a map and compass, however, I do like bringing my GPS as well. Not only is it helpful for obtaining your coordinates and location quickly (which you can cross ref...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use for navigation?
March 04, 9:48pm

Re: Re: What do you use for navigation?
I wish I was technologically savy enough to post my trips on to google maps using my garmin 60gsx. I tried to do it before, but alas, I failed...

March 02, 8:49pm

What do you use for navigation?
Just currious what other people use to navigate? I use a Brunton 8096-AR compass and a Garmin 60GSX GPS.

March 01, 11:40am

Re: Big Agnes sleeping bags
I currently use a Big Agnes Lost Ranger (long) with the air core pad (long). I LOVE the BA system. I was skeptical about it at first but it is the most comfortable system I've ever slept with...

In GEAR » Big Agnes sleeping bags
March 01, 11:03am

nevermind
nevermind. I don't know how to delete a post, but I got the info I needed.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Adventure Racing
February 28, 9:34pm

Re: Justin's Gear List
I made my decision today. I decided to buy the Golite Jam2 pack. Went to REI and tried it on and I gotta say, it's suprisingly comfortable. I think the next thing I will buy is a good water ...

In Gear Lists » My gear list
February 25, 9:36pm

Re: Re: My gear list
Thanks for all the feedback! I guess the only things I would really like to change would be my pack, my sleeping bag (by the way, I made a typo and transposed the numbers. My sleeping back is a 3...

In Gear Lists » My gear list
February 23, 9:23pm

Marmet Alpinist Bivy
Anyone used this bivy before? The price is right for me, but it looks like it would have some poor ventilation issues. I'd be using it for summer backpacking so rain isn't on the top of m...

In GEAR » Marmet Alpinist Bivy
February 21, 10:24am

Re: bandanna/packtowel-whats best?
you know, I went back and forth with myself on this very topic. When I gave it some thought, I've NEVER used a packtowel, but I've ALWAYS had a bandana with me as my preferred headware and...

In Multiple Use Gear » bandanna/packtowel-whats best?
February 20, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Chaussee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Dualist
This is a very cool system. It's not titanium, but it's still very light for what you get. Also, the price is right at around 30-40 bucks. There are two models, the dualist and the soloist....

In Cookware - Other
June 27, 3:50pm

Big Agnes Lost Ranger
I am a big guy (6'3, 330 lbs). My goal was to find a bag that would keep me warm but had enough room that I didn't feel like a sausage in a casing... This bag is great! I bought the long ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 23, 3:06pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I've used the pocket rocket for a few years now. I rated it a 4 for the following reasons: Pro: -lightweight -easy to use/light -boils water fast in calm weather -small size fits easily in...

In Stoves - Canister
June 23, 2:26pm

GoLite Jam2
I bought this pack a few months ago after using a Kelty redwing 3100 for years. Not to discredit the Kelty since it is a very reliable and DURABLE pack, but I do not see myself using anything else ot...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 26, 8:35am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
First off, let me say that there is NOTHING light about either one of these packs. They are not super heavy for what they are (A large daypack and an expedition/extended trip pack) but they do not fa...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 18, 11:54am

Campmor .com
The reason I went with a 5 rating for Campmor had to do with their selection of merchandise and their prices. Whenever I'm in the market for a piece of gear, I always look at campmor first. 90% ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 18, 11:30am