Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 141 - 150 of 747 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: M50
Thru-hiker is the only place to expect to find it as far as I know. The original lot looks to be sold out. I think it was around ~30/yd. I'm hoping to see it for sale again in the next 30-60 da...

In Make Your Own Gear » M 50?
June 11, 3:42pm

Re: Re: My New XPAC Pack
Newton, I missed this thread first time around. Nice job with the pack. I like everything about it. Top closure looks great! side pocket configuration is perfect, two smaller side pockets has me th...

In Make Your Own Gear » My New XPAC Pack
June 07, 5:03am

Re: m50 quilt
Wasn't sure either about M50 so I thought I would run some calcs to see. Assuming a flat quilt that is 44" wide, 36" foot and 72" long with 1" added all on sides for seam...

In GEAR » Quote for custom quilt
June 07, 4:56am

Re: M50 Pullover Jacket
Answer to some questions... How warm... I made it to replace my montbell down inner jacket. My inner has 2.0 oz of 800 fp down. This jacket has 2.25 oz of 900 fp down so I believe this jacket is...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 Pullover Jacket
June 06, 4:19pm

Re: Nice jacket
Many thanks for all the encouraging words! Clint Newitt, As to how to fill the jacket... take a look at these instructions I did for making a down quilt (link on page). This should explain the ...

June 05, 1:20pm

M50 Pullover Jacket
I just finished my M50 900fp down pullover jacket. It was based off a modified Thru-Hiker Kinsman pattern. I had to make some adjustments to account for down instead of synthetic insultion, but tha...

June 05, 11:26am

re: MYOG Bivy
Chris and I have been emailing back and forth to get this design as close as possible, if someone were to recreate it. I need to clarify that in the design on my website the 6" height for the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
May 21, 9:47am

re: MYOG Bivy
I missed this most recent string of posts so this is a little late. But I did get a chance this morning to put together what I think is the latest simple bivy pattern. I put it on my website. Here ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
May 21, 8:05am

re: WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
Chris, I reread my post and it sounded preachy which was not my intent. I was really trying to promote the value of the kit to anyone looking to make one. I've seen you leaning to your own crea...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
May 18, 8:22pm

re: Want to make a quilt... (many questions)
Jonathan, I will offer my quilt instructions. It is not exactly what you are after... its down and 40 degree quilt, but it does provides dimensions and techniques for making a versatile, yet easy t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want to make a quilt... (many questions)
May 18, 8:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.