BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 141 - 150 of 746 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: My New XPAC Pack
Newton, I missed this thread first time around. Nice job with the pack. I like everything about it. Top closure looks great! side pocket configuration is perfect, two smaller side pockets has me th...

In Make Your Own Gear » My New XPAC Pack
June 07, 5:03am

Re: m50 quilt
Wasn't sure either about M50 so I thought I would run some calcs to see. Assuming a flat quilt that is 44" wide, 36" foot and 72" long with 1" added all on sides for seam...

In GEAR » Quote for custom quilt
June 07, 4:56am

Re: M50 Pullover Jacket
Answer to some questions... How warm... I made it to replace my montbell down inner jacket. My inner has 2.0 oz of 800 fp down. This jacket has 2.25 oz of 900 fp down so I believe this jacket is...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 Pullover Jacket
June 06, 4:19pm

Re: Nice jacket
Many thanks for all the encouraging words! Clint Newitt, As to how to fill the jacket... take a look at these instructions I did for making a down quilt (link on page). This should explain the ...

June 05, 1:20pm

M50 Pullover Jacket
I just finished my M50 900fp down pullover jacket. It was based off a modified Thru-Hiker Kinsman pattern. I had to make some adjustments to account for down instead of synthetic insultion, but tha...

June 05, 11:26am

re: MYOG Bivy
Chris and I have been emailing back and forth to get this design as close as possible, if someone were to recreate it. I need to clarify that in the design on my website the 6" height for the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
May 21, 9:47am

re: MYOG Bivy
I missed this most recent string of posts so this is a little late. But I did get a chance this morning to put together what I think is the latest simple bivy pattern. I put it on my website. Here ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
May 21, 8:05am

re: WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
Chris, I reread my post and it sounded preachy which was not my intent. I was really trying to promote the value of the kit to anyone looking to make one. I've seen you leaning to your own crea...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
May 18, 8:22pm

re: Want to make a quilt... (many questions)
Jonathan, I will offer my quilt instructions. It is not exactly what you are after... its down and 40 degree quilt, but it does provides dimensions and techniques for making a versatile, yet easy t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want to make a quilt... (many questions)
May 18, 8:05pm

re: WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
I can't say enough about the Kinsman kit. I'd encourage anyone who can sew to make one. The kit not only includes the shell material, insulation, and pattern, but it also includes the zippe...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
May 18, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.