BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 141 - 150 of 621 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: Miles Gear
Miles Gear seems to be what you are looking for. His bivies come completely seam sealed and he does custom work (including different floor materials) - just ask. The upper material he uses is water...

In GEAR » Best stand-alone bivy?
November 18, 6:27pm

Re: Mosquitoes
Yes, that's why I am thinking of going with option 2 or 3 above.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
November 15, 3:24pm

Re: Hexamid Twin upgrade?
No reason to buy the heavier Ruta Lucora poles for a tent like this. ZPacks has recently changed their carbon fiber pole designs and they are quite strong now. My 48'' pole is easily as str...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Solplex
November 15, 6:11am

Re: Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
Okay, I finally bought a sewing machine and learned how to sew. I've made a few stuff sacks, practiced a few long flat-felled seams, and I feel I'm ready to take on this project now. The...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
November 14, 7:42pm

GoLite's 15D Tent Fabric
Does any one have long-term experience with GoLite's 15D tent fabric (or similar)? It is silicone-coated on the outside, PU-coated on the inside, and has a hydrostatic head of only 1500mm. I im...

In GEAR » GoLite's 15D Tent Fabric
November 11, 10:59am

Re: Actual Weights: SL2 & Doumid
I purchased a GoLite SL2 new a month ago. Weight of tarp in stock configuration (no extra guylines, no stuff sack, no stakes): 21.3 oz I have since removed the peak vent stiffeners, replaced ...

In GEAR » Actual Weights: SL2 & Doumid
November 06, 6:53pm

Re: Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
What about an Oware Alphamid? This tarp has always intrigued me: 18.5 oz in silnylon, 9 ft long, 4.5 ft wide, and 5 ft tall. It would be pretty easy to tie off to a tree with its flat face. Cuben m...

In GEAR » Tent/shelter system with small staked footprint under 1 lb. total possible?
November 04, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Zpacks Duplex?
The greatest benefit of the single wall V4 is that when you have condensation, you can sit up and wipe it down. With my SMD Haven, I am trapped inside the net tent and just have to watch as wind an...

In GEAR » Zpacks Duplex?
October 30, 8:43am

WTB: GoLite Shangri-La 3
Looking to buy a GoLite SL3 tarp. PM me if you've got one to sell.

In Gear Swap » WTB: GoLite Shangri-La 3
October 27, 3:30pm

Re: How much is shipping from MEC to the US?
ProLite Gear has their own Evazote Pads: http://www.prolitegear.com/prolite-gear-evopad-14.html They currently only seem to be available in 1/4'' thickness (although there used to be ...

In GEAR » How much is shipping from MEC to the US?
October 22, 7:46am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.