BPL Community Profile

James Klein (jnklein21) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me James Klein has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Klein

Showing 141 - 150 of 460 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...46

Forum » Thread

armchair quaterbacking
I've never been in quite these conditions so, this is mostly a thought expirement for me. I have a fleece vest for when I expect cold and wet. I think it is impossible to stay dry hiking in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Challenging weather- how would you handle this situation?
February 03, 9:07pm

Re: Re: School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
Adding to the previous post: If you were using a canister made up of only propane (or only butane or only isobutane), there would be little benifit to inverted vs upright. Also, for fuel mixt...

In GEAR » School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
January 28, 10:40am

Re: FS: Massive closet cleaning- skis, boots, clothing, climbing, sleeping bags, etc.
Chris, can you confimn your email has a " . " btw you first and last name, and if so did you get my email last night? thanks,

In Gear Swap » FS: Massive closet cleaning- skis, boots, clothing, climbing, sleeping bags, etc.
December 05, 4:49am

Re: BR hood mod, part 2
Gary, thanks for the head start on modifying this hood. I found that 1/32" shockcord threaded rather easily thru the majority of the elastic channel (maybe 10mins). Getting it started and ...

In Gear Deals » Golite Bitterroot 850 Fill Down Jacket $149.99
December 03, 8:49pm

Re: Re: Why no bivy love?
Oh John, you'll just have to fogive him not assuming you have all of the answers.

In GEAR » Why no bivy love?
September 15, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
but not melt on top of a canister stove?

In GEAR » Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
September 06, 8:54pm

Re: Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
I haven't but... If you were just using it to boil water then it should be fine. The water in the pot will keep it the fins from getting much hotter than 212F (so long as the fins stay atta...

In GEAR » Heat exchanger aluminum pots over fire
September 05, 3:15pm

talk me out of it.
Look at the stoic hadron...8oz, currently $125 and ugly as sin. http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-hadron-down-anorak-mens I have never been in cold enough weather to require wearing insulation w...

In GEAR » New MH ghost whisperer down jacket, 7oz
September 02, 7:23pm

Re: Re: Re: A little hair-splitting
"most of the heat given off by one's body is carried away through conduction or convection, no?" Once we start talking up %'s of heat loss by mode, the figures become very situ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down + Space blanket = ???
September 01, 8:07pm

Re: A little hair-splitting
Colin, you are correct. For a warm body in a colder environment the clothing will always send more heat back to you than it will away from you bc of the temperature gradient. On first reading, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down + Space blanket = ???
August 31, 12:08pm

All Reader Reviews by James Klein

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Antig Outdoors Antig Outdoors
I recently purchased some mechandise from Anig outdoors and noticed there was no review, so here goes... I learned of the site from some of member Jeff Antig's posts (guessing he's the owne...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 6:42pm