Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Pitts (jjpitts) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest US
About Me James Pitts has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Pitts

Showing 141 - 150 of 308 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Steripen Owners, Step on in!!
thanks! i missed that thread. sounds like this is a valid concern but one that can be overcome with good/creative process.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Steripen Owners, Step on in!!
March 14, 8:09am

Re: Re: Re: Steripen
I emailed the manufacturer about this. Here was their response: Hi there Jim! Believe it or not what we tell people is to simply wipe off the threads of the container you are using. This gets...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 14, 7:38am

Re: Re: Steripen
I probably would not be comfortable doing this. One way would be to have a seperate cup used to scoop the water from the source and then carefully pour it into the container where treatment is...

March 13, 11:32pm

Re: Re: Steripen Owners, Step on in!!
I asked on another thread, but how do you treat the threads of the container used to collect the water? With chemical treatment you pour some freshly treated water into the cap and dump it over th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Steripen Owners, Step on in!!
March 13, 8:50pm

Steripen
How do you treat the threads of the container? They get untreated water on them when you dip the container in the water source. With AquaMira, after you add the oxidant, you pour some treated wat...

March 13, 1:47pm

Re: Igloo Building
pffft... but that lacks STYLE... look at the photo posted earlier on this thread. That's high-style winter camping! (just joking)

In Editor's Roundtable » Igloo Building for Fun and Shelter, Part 2 - Using an Igloo as a Backcountry Shelter
February 21, 5:14pm

Re: barbless is a beautiful thing
I am not the worlds greatest fisherman but I do use barbless hooks... I was convinced one couldn't catch fish with the things and was shocked to find that I could. I am sure I lose one now and...

In Fishing » Anyone thru-fished the JMT?
February 20, 10:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Practice Run
...well I do have to deal with the jeers of my neighbors. They already think I am nuts for not owning a snowblower and insisting on shoveling my driveway -and- my sidewalk with a shovel.

In Editor's Roundtable » Igloo Building for Fun and Shelter, Part 2 - Using an Igloo as a Backcountry Shelter
February 20, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Practice Run
Heck yeah I am enjoying it! This is my second year with the ICEBOX and it is so much fun on many levels. Just when you get something figured out there is another challenge. I bought it for a Boy...

February 19, 4:27pm

Practice Run
Jut for fun I built this 7-footer in my front yard this morning. I can "solo-build" the 7-footer but not the 8-footer (at least not easily). It takes me just under two hours. This one ...

February 19, 12:52pm

All Reader Reviews by James Pitts

Showing 1 - 10 of 23 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Pro-Tick Remedy Pro-Tick
I am so glad someone posted a review of this gizmo. First let me say that you can remove a tick with a pair of tweezers. The Pro-Tick Remedy tool is not multi-use like tweezers. That said, it w...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 26, 11:18am

Repel Lemon Euculyptus Insect Spray
I am a huge fan of 3M Ultrathon largely because the stuff works REALLY WELL... for what I use it for. So this is sort of my "gold standard"... encapsulated DEET lotion. That said, differ...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 26, 10:24am

Mountainsmith Wisp
I forget when I bought this. It was on an uber-closeout type deal. This sleeping bag is not made anymore. The facts: - 750+ fill down - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: Says 24 oz, 23 oz in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:27pm

Marmot Atom
Let's get down to the facts: - Temp rating: 40 degrees - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: 20 oz on the box, 22 oz in my kitchen. - Shell: Pertex Quantum N-090 Ripstop - Lining: Pertex ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:14pm

Martin Backpacker Guitar
Now here is a review you don't see every day. This was a very thoughtful gift from my dear wife. I am an avid guitar player but leave my music at home when I hike because a flat-top 6-string ...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 08, 8:54pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
What's with people that review gear they have never owned nor tested in the field? This is a mystery to me. Anyway, on to the Jetboil. I bought this because... I had an REI dividend and the...

In Stoves - Canister
January 08, 7:58pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
This was my default insulating layer until I bought the MontBell Down Inner Jacket. This jacket is very warm, as is the vest. I prefer the older models (05 and later) to the newer ones. I recall ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 08, 7:49pm

WalMart
What is there to review? Be careful driving in the parking lot because people seem to switch off their brains when they walk about outside the store. Seriously, they take anything back and there a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:46pm

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
...and they really mean it. I have seen people hopelessly abuse the return policy but REI stands by it. The prices are fair, especially if you use an REI Gold Visa. The dividend makes for a nice gi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:43pm

Therm-A-Rest Lite Seat
Works great and is light but very comfortable. It takes quite a beating and will eventually get a hole in it. I have had to make two repairs to mine. I use it to extend my sleeping pad setup when I...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 08, 11:52am