BPL Community Profile

Jason Brinkman (jbrinkmanboi) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me I backpack, hike, raft, hunt, fish, mountain bike, ski, snowshoe, trail run, etc.
CityBoise
StateIdaho
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListRocky Mountain Summer 3-day Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Brinkman

Showing 141 - 150 of 499 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: litemax stove
Ironically, the outdated photo was from the Snow Peak website! This seems to fit better with the model Chris descibed.

In GEAR » Snowpeak Litemax stove
June 15, 11:45pm

Re: Tarps and Bivies
Interesting that Rab describes the ultra bivy as made from "Pertex Quantum Endurance" fabric. There is no such thing. It's either Pertex Quantum, or it's Pertex Endurance. PQ i...

In GEAR » Tarps and Bivies
June 15, 1:07am

Re: Litemax vs Gigapower
Seems the Micromax is a Litemax with an auto igniter. Litemax - 1.9 oz and 11,200 BTU Giga Stove GST-100 (Ti, no igniter) - 2.5 oz and 10,000 BTU Physical difference seems to be burner hea...

June 14, 4:03pm

Re: Sun shade tarp
I have a 12x12 Kelty Noah's Tarp that I take on river trips. It's catenary cut on the edges, and fairly tough fabric, but it weighs 2 lbs!

In GEAR » Sun shade tarp
June 13, 10:57pm

Re: Snowpeak Litemax stove
Would seem like performance differences would depend on pot size and windscreen use. Seems like Snowpeak may have made their Gigapower obsolete? Even the Ti version weighs more than the Litemax...

June 13, 10:54pm

Re: UL Wind/rain pants - which would you choose?
I just ordered a couple sets of Driducks. The XL sets I got weigh 11.1 ounces once I pulled out the hood string with oversized cordlocks. The pants are 4.8 ounces. Would speculate that the mediu...

In GEAR » UL Wind/rain pants - which would you choose?
June 13, 10:48pm

Re: Re: "Insect repellent - what do you use?"
Read here once that DEET is still the most effective in concentrations of 25-30% and above (higher just makes it last longer). However, I have had WPB coatings (urethane?) get soft and sticky from...

In GEAR » Insect repellent - what do you use?
June 13, 10:36pm

Re: Is there any such thing as a utilitarian all purpose shelter?
What you have identified appears to me to be light 4-season use. My first choice would be that blue wonder that Roger Caffin made/uses. My second choice would be some sort of pyramid tarp w...

In GEAR » Is there any such thing as a utilitarian all purpose shelter?
June 11, 11:09am

Re: " Sub-10 list"
I think you should be able to post in Excel - most browsers will open it as an embedded document.

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
June 10, 1:29pm

Re: How about your Sub-10 list
The Murmur is still in the mail, but my calcs say everything will fit inside (fingers crossed). I have used this clothing system comfortably with daytime temps in the 40's and nighttime temp...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
June 10, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Brinkman

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I've had zero problems with my Firesteel. It always throws a reliable and predictably shaped spark fan. Lights stoves or fires easily. Lighting a fire does require a dry tinder material (found ...

In Cookware - Other
July 24, 10:18am

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
I picked up a REI Minimalist Bivy in size long to try out. The long also has added girth, which is great. I slept in it twice in my backyard proving ground. Both times were clear, low humidity night...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 09, 11:53pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
Tried the Shot Bloks (pina colada and black cherry) for the first time on a trip in Hells Canyon last weekend. I found the texture and flavor to be VERY appealing, and the calorie density is acceptab...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 09, 11:26pm

Black Diamond Spire Elliptical Trekking Poles
I was intrigued by these initially because of the ellipical shafts - definitely seem stronger/stiffer on the principle axis than comparable weight round poles. I was willing to live with the 20 oz pe...

In Trekking Poles
February 28, 11:57pm