BPL Community Profile

Jed Augustine (jaugusti) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Appalachians/Rockies
About Me Student at the University of Chicago. I don't have much time to backpack, so I want to make my kit as simple and easy to go as possible. I am interested in the cathartic effects of spending time in the wilderness and its application in therapy and counseling.
CityAtlanta
StateGA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListJed's UL 1 Week 3 Season List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jed Augustine

Showing 141 - 149 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Water in cookpot
Hey y'all- It makes sense that with water in the pot you are safe with flimsier materials. I guess where there is water, the pot can only be a little hotter than the boiling point. If it was...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy-compatible cookpot
February 12, 10:06am

Re: IMUSA Aluminum Mug
John- How does the aluminum hold up to wood fires? Thanks!

In GEAR » Bushbuddy-compatible cookpot
February 11, 11:10pm

Re: how about both
Hey all- Could one use a piece of heavy duty aluminum for a removable "floor" on a wood burning stove such as the TT? Or would the aluminum melt? -Jed

In Multiple Use Gear » Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
February 11, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Tri-Ti Caldera vs Bushbuddy
Joshua et all- Thanks for all of the information. As Joshua was saying, for the cash strapped college student (moi), I think the major factors come down to price and versatility. Its like ...

February 11, 5:27pm

Re: Tri-Ti Caldera vs Bushbuddy
Dave- They actually include a Ti bottom for $15. I was concerned that this made the caldera cone a rigid system, so I e-mailed the folks at Trail Designs and they wrote back super quick. I as...

February 10, 11:07pm

Re: Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
Any news on this? Looks great. I wonder how it will compare to the bushbuddy... anyone?

February 10, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Top Bag to Quilt Conversion (!!!)
Would anyone second that opinion? My (probably misinformed) idea was that by converting the Pomer Hoit to a quilt I would have the versatility to extend the range massively. Is that just wrong?

In Make Your Own Gear » Top Bag to Quilt Conversion (!!!)
February 10, 1:13pm

BPL M Article
Hrmm... well, what's the name of the article for future reference?

February 10, 11:32am

Top Bag to Quilt Conversion (!!!)
Hey everybody- I have been lurking in the shadow of the forums learning and reading the BPL Bible and trying to figure out how to make the switch to ultralight backpacking without eating saltine...

February 10, 11:13am

All Reader Reviews by Jed Augustine

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
I'm partial too, though not from Seattle. Growing up in Atlanta there are not many places to go within the city that can excite you about the outdoors, but whenever the parents told me we were ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 22, 1:44pm