Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 141 - 150 of 7194 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...720

Forum » Thread

Re: Uh huh
"Even though I gave a handful of examples of how people are exploited in our own country, have admitted that I buy stuff from Asian factories, and have acknowledged that some of their factorie...

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
February 12, 12:00pm

Re: Hyperbole indeed
"This $%!+ is certainly entertaining. " I do find your habit of reducing things to relative black and white in your posts entertaining as well, though I know from conversations we'...

February 12, 11:41am

Re: Re: Re: Steripen Classic 3: Spotlite Review
Who wants an Opti?

In Editor's Roundtable » Steripen Classic 3: Spotlite Review
February 11, 9:27pm

Re: Look everybody, I'm a PRO!
"All of this reminds me of how nice it is to be a nobody*." Yeah, sure, until thanks to your association with Nobody, Inc., you suddenly and unwittingly become a Somebody(R) and then y...

February 11, 9:26pm

Re: Re: Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one
"I grew up in a home that always had a dog and we always loved them dearly. However, it was always very clear that they were not actually family, but a pet, and there was a mutually beneficial...

In On the Web » Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one
February 11, 5:40pm

Re: RE: Re: Re: Long Distance Hiking has no Brand - Not exactly...
"I'm not an apologist for Carrot, but I prefer that allegations be backed up by facts." Nor am I a Carrot 'hater,' since I don't really know anything about her having n...

February 11, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Re: new bike advice - I'd like some too!
Thanks Link! I wonder if they make it in cuben.....

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » new bike advice
February 11, 2:06pm

Re: Re: 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
Why I go to the GGG (it certainly isn't Ken's personality....): http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/group-social-activity-keeps-people-mentally-sharp/

In Photo Gallery » 7th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks
February 11, 1:20pm

Re: Re: RE: Outdoor Retailer Winter Market - insulation and fabric innovations
"ThermaDown™ utilizes a natural particle-based thermoreactive nano-coating that, through the emission of infrared energy, increases the natural benefits of down. Using body heat as a catalys...

In GEAR » Outdoor Retailer Winter Market - insulation and fabric innovations
February 11, 1:00pm

Re: new bike advice - I'd like some too!
So, instead of starting my own thread, I'm going to piggyback off of Nathan's. I'm in the process of getting a Moots Routt 45 as a pretty much do-everything bike. I'll use it for...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » new bike advice
February 11, 12:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am