BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 141 - 150 of 6610 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...661

Forum » Thread

Re: Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
An interesting rebuttal: Ron Paul’s no Nirvana, and this isn’t the “Libertarian Moment” From the article: The public is definitely more and more in favor of legalizing weed and same-s...

In Chaff » Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
August 08, 9:31am

Re: Re: Re: Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
"A likable, middle of the road candidate most likely beats Hillary, but would never make it out of the GOP primary." I agree. I think the republicans will stay mired until the moderate...

August 07, 5:46pm

Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
From the article: Meanwhile, the age group most responsible for delivering Obama his two terms may well become a political wild card over time, in large part because of its libertarian leanings....

August 07, 3:33pm

Re: Pack rain cover = mobile ultralight shelter
Not to mention, put a small hand sanitizer on the side of it and you have a lightweight porta-potty.

In Multiple Use Gear » Pack rain cover = mobile ultralight shelter
August 07, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Paradox/Seek Outside Unaweep Pics
"This makes the weight of a cuben Unaweep very competitive with the HMG 4400 Porter (currently listed at 37.6 oz). Granted, the 4400 Porter has hipbelt pockets and uses heavier duty 150D cuben...

In GEAR » Paradox/SeekOutside Unaweep Pics
August 07, 11:31am

Re: Article from the American Conservative
Fascinating article Kat, thanks for the link. More than a cautionary tale, it's a pretty clear warning, one that we should certainly think about.

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 07, 6:53am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: um...SKT
"We might have to -gasp!- go on a hike together and you can teach me about photography!" I want to be on that hike. With a video camera....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 06, 7:18pm

Re: Re: Slow minimus.biz order. Is this typical?
Excellent! I thought it might get there in time, but didn't want to jinx you by saying so! :-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Slow minimus.biz order. Is this typical?
August 06, 6:13pm

Re: Re:
According to a recent Gallup poll, less than 30 percent of Americans believe the bible is the inerrant word of god. A touch under 50 percent believe it's the inspired word of god, but not to be...

August 06, 6:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: link
"The sooner we realize that and act to relieve their collective agony instead of looking upon them as little better than animals, the sooner we can look forward to a more peaceful world and, f...

August 06, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am