BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 141 - 150 of 6519 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: What do you hike with that nobody else has?
For Max, that would be a couple of pair of used wool briefs, it seems, though he's trying to change that.....

In GEAR » What do you hike with that nobody else has?
July 14, 1:27pm

New material for stealth camping
The blackest black that traps light: http://gizmodo.com/theres-a-new-material-thats-so-black-you-cant-see-it-1604573706

In On the Web » New material for stealth camping
July 14, 10:22am

Re: Re: Re: Deep state
"And if you vote for a third party, and that person doesn't win, then essentially, you've wasted your vote" As I've said before, it's this sentiment that makes you part...

In Chaff » Deep state
July 14, 9:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: carrot
"When you say it like that "Eat, walk, sleep, poop, use e-book reader" sounds a little off somehow." Depends on how long you have to poop for.....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
July 13, 12:33pm

Re: Yellowstone closed?
Here: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-yellowstone-melted-road-20140711-story.html

In Chaff » Yellowstone closed?
July 13, 7:43am

But ... but ... my talking points! What about my talking points!
"In fact, most research today finds that immigrants, including undocumented ones, are less prone to crime than are native-born Americans. " more here: http://reason.com/archives/2014/0...

In Chaff » But ... but ... my talking points! What about my talking points!
July 12, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: What gear makes you happy
"Well, Ian... not sure what LNT means" For you, it seems it means long nights touching- on your solo trips.....

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 11, 10:03pm

Re: PM issues
and here I thought you were going to tell us about your post-menopausal issues....

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PM issues
July 11, 8:04pm

Myth of the Moderate Voter
Interesting article. From the article: There is no creature more revered in American politics than the moderate voter. Unlike the ideologues and partisans destroying politics, the moderate is fr...

In Chaff » Myth of the Moderate Voter
July 11, 7:25pm

Re: Thrift stores.
I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I'm the guy who enables the rest of you to find great deals at thrift stores....

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
July 11, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am