BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 141 - 150 of 6132 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: PM eMail Address
Hi Bob, Just sent you a PM, your PMs are set up fine.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PM eMail Address
February 22, 9:46pm

Re: Re: Spend
Well, I've participated in this drift long enough, but I will add: Jerry, I always knew you had some right wing in you. Unable to admit when you're wrong, blame it on others instead, make u...

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
February 22, 11:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Spend
"Like I said, I don't really have an opinion, but Kat was complaining about me derailing her thread (that she already derailed herself)" Well that's a bit of bullshit, Jerry. K...

February 22, 11:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Spend
"I assume Maduro is no better." Because that's a lot easier than actually educating oneself on the issue before commenting.....

February 22, 10:40am

Re: Re: Karmic B*%&!cH Slap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U A tad long at 10 and a half minutes, but a worthwhile watch....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The only first aid kit you'll ever need
February 22, 9:07am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bluetooth and laser bear alarm?
http://www.guarddog.net/palarm.htm

In GEAR » Quick and dirty bear perimeter alarm
February 22, 8:45am

Re: Re: maybe....
Stephen, In copying the link, you might have inadvertently copied the period at the end, which would make you unable to access the page. Anyway, try this.

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Water Restiant Bivy
February 21, 7:26am

Re: box
"I use UPS ground for nearly everything, you are looking at $25-35 to ship across country." Priority mail large flat rate box is $17.45 anywhere in the U.S., FWIW. Includes tracking (b...

In GEAR » Shipping a pack
February 20, 10:53am

Re: Shipping a pack
Depends on the size of the pack, but I just shipped a medium Kalais (which has an internal stay/frame) from east coast to west coast. I used a large USPS priority flat rate box. The pack just fit. ...

In GEAR » Shipping a pack
February 20, 9:43am

Re: unnecessary but amusing
"It'd really open up the PCT if someone made a 2,663 mile extension cord." I know some folks who live on the west coast who seem to still be connected to a 2,000+ mile umbilical co...

In Other Activities » unnecessary but amusing
February 20, 9:38am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am