Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 141 - 150 of 6983 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Leaving a pet behind for a thru hike?
If you trust your friend, then your cat won't have a crappy life for 5 months. He should adjust pretty well as long as he's getting the love and attention from your friend that you give him...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leaving a pet behind for a thru hike?
January 05, 8:56pm

Re: Re: PIF
"Yah, please PIF the recipes." Sorry, but I can't, they're not mine. The quinoa and black bean recipes are in a book called The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester. Highly recomm...

In Gear Swap » PIF
January 05, 7:40pm

Re: PIF
Hi Jack, I'm not sure I want to give you anything that might cause you to have to use a knife.... :-)

In Gear Swap » PIF
January 05, 7:31pm

Re: ...
mitts taken.

In Gear Swap » PIF
January 05, 6:27pm

PIF
Since I just got a PIF from Adan, I'm offering one up per the guidelines. I'll state up front, first person to answer doesn't necessarily get the PIF - I favor those who actually con...

In Gear Swap » PIF
January 05, 5:48pm

Re: PIF : Integral Designs Rundle Jacket (Large, Blue)
I'd like it if not yet claimed. Edit to add: If someone else with more need than I could really use it, I'd defer.

In Gear Swap » PIF : Integral Designs Rundle Jacket (Large, Blue)
January 05, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Kovea Spider
Ian, I can bring my spider if you'd like to see if before buying.

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 05, 4:14pm

Re: Steripen Ultra PSA
I've never had an issue flying with the Steripen. Perhaps it's the ribbed latex cover you have for it that's the problem...

In Chaff » Steripen Ultra PSA
January 05, 4:06pm

Re: Re: Sheez, it must be winter
I think that's a bit unfair, Rick. Folks have legitimate gripes, and when those gripes go unheeded time and time again, it can get quite old and frustrating, whether you're getting outside ...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 05, 7:04am

Re: Sleeping in a Down Jacket?
Just wear a VBL shirt under it and your sweat won't get into the down.

In GEAR » Sleeping in a Down Jacket?
January 04, 8:10am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am