Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 141 - 150 of 1702 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...171

Forum » Thread

Sea To Summit Nano Pyramid Mosquito Net Shelter Single with Insect Shield, 2.9 oz
Buy low, sell higher. I have one, only set up once in my living room, but I would not sell it that cheap, cost was $49.95 last Fall, less my 10% dividend at REI, $44.95. Duane

In Gear Swap » Sea To Summit Nano Pyramid Mosquito Net Shelter Single with Insect Shield, 2.9 oz
March 23, 8:05pm

Potty Trowel.... What?
Many places in the Sierra and extreme southern Cascades, I do need a trowel and then it can be tough to dig deep enough. If having any sort of fire (stove, campfire etc.) you may need a trowel or ...

In GEAR » Potty Trowel.... What?
March 20, 10:12pm

WTB BPL Firelite 475ml Trappers Mug (New Style) or MLD 475ml Pot (New Style)
Check out Toaks and Trail Designs (Caldera Cone) folks. Getting late to be getting gear. Duane

In Gear Swap » WTB BPL Firelite 475ml Trappers Mug (New Style)
March 19, 10:56pm

MLD Grace tarp, lightest cat cut tarp?
Thank you for the feedback. No experience with tarps except the cut down ones to cover firewood with. :) A 9' ridgeline would be hard to keep taunt? I like the set up using a pole to hold up...

In GEAR » MLD Grace tarp, lightest cat cut tarp?
March 18, 6:54am

MLD Grace tarp, lightest cat cut tarp?
I've been thinking of adding a tarp to my limited shelter selection, mostly thinking of a ZPacks flat, cuben tarp, 7' X 9', barely lighter than the MLD Grace tarp, which is cat cut and ...

In GEAR » MLD Grace tarp, lightest cat cut tarp?
March 17, 8:13pm

FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
The Bearikade's do hold their value. Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
March 17, 2:02pm

Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
Dena, I never did anything with my dogs, but then never had tents as expensive as I have now. An old SD Half Moon was what I had with Pooch and the dobies when they were all alive. Seems the poly...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
March 17, 11:49am

Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X
No discount for the items being used? Duane

In Gear Swap » FS: Extra gear- bearikade, six moon designs skyscape X, platypus
March 17, 6:47am

Cuben floor
I had thought that if I got another ZPacks Hex tent, I'd cut a oval out of the bottom netting and just place my polycryo gc over that, to save a little weight. I should be getting my Solplex i...

In GEAR » Cuben fiber tent floor and unprepared sites
March 16, 2:54pm

Harrison Pass?
How are folks getting across Bubbs Creek at Jct Meadow? I was there a couple years ago and was going to do part of the trip you are thinking about, with other parts added in. Bubbs Creek seemed t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Harrison Pass?
March 12, 6:25pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.