BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 141 - 150 of 475 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...48

Forum » Thread

Gotcha.
Thanks guys. I figured it was too crazy to try, just thought I'd ask. I'll probably end up snowshoeing in hetchhetchy instead around that timeframe. Anyone have any other suggestings for...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae lakes and Sixty lakes basin in Dec?
November 19, 12:45am

Rae lakes and Sixty lakes basin in Dec?
I know this sounds crazy, but has anyone tried doing the Rae lakes loop in Dec? Is roads end even open then? Any avalanche danger at that point?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Rae lakes and Sixty lakes basin in Dec?
November 18, 1:13am

Agreed
Zpacks is awesome.

In GEAR » Great customer service from ZPacks
November 03, 2:06am

Ibex wool or Arcteryx phase
For me, Ibex wool base layers and the Arcteryx phase synthetic series seem to work the best at controlling stank.

In GEAR » non stinking baselayers?
October 23, 11:29am

Winter pants with vents?
Hiya, I know there's been several threads on winter pants, but I'm looking for a pair of non-insulated, somewhat rugged, waterproof breathable pants with vents. Right now I'm using t...

In GEAR » Winter pants with vents?
October 02, 6:42pm

Jetboil baby formula warmer
My brother uses his jetboil to heat water for his baby formula whenever they are out and about. Works great and only takes about 20 seconds to get the water warm enough.

In GEAR » Gear you use off the trail
October 02, 12:53am

Re: Winter stove update
Thanks guys. I do love the convenience of canister stoves. Will the inverted setup work down to 0 deg F or so?

In GEAR » Winter stove update?
September 30, 1:44am

Winter stove update?
Hiya. I've been reading previous posts about winter stoves and I was wondering if there have been any updates. Sounds like Coleman Xtreme stoves are gone, and I don't see the MSR simmerli...

In GEAR » Winter stove update?
September 29, 1:54am

More insulation
The previous responders are right. I love the ibex for when I'm on the move. (It's really good at preventing body odor too.) But for in camp it's just not enough. A dedicated down o...

In GEAR » Ibex Indie Hoodie
September 27, 10:48pm

"Awesome winter trip suggestions in Yosemite?"
Thanks Katy! Those pics look great. And yes good point about the water. I was on North dome a few years back during the summer and couldn't find water anywhere. All the streams were dry.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Awesome winter trip suggestions in Yosemite?
September 26, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.