BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 141 - 150 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

RE
If you're traveling that many thousands of miles and hiking that far, why not spend the extra week? I would!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Annapurna Circuit Questions
April 05, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Map printed on shirt?
That would work even better! I'm a solo hiker so I've learned to do things by meself.

In Multiple Use Gear » Map printed on shirt?
April 03, 10:51am

RE
I'm aware of all the common bear knowledge (prior to lightning, bears were my biggest fear). And I wouldnt assume the dog whistle to work as is, but if it were modified to produce sounds that m...

In GEAR » Dog whistle for bears?
April 03, 10:49am

Dog whistle for bears?
I have no idea how a bear's frequency range compares to a dog, but I wonder if some sort of bear whistle could be made and used to scare away bears!

In GEAR » Dog whistle for bears?
April 02, 9:35pm

RE
Well I wasnt thinking cotton, more polyester. Would it still fade from poly? Like I said, not meant for serious navigating, just for quick references. If printed upside down, all you'd have to ...

April 02, 10:38am

Re
I'm either going to print to waterproof paper or use the nikwax map sealer to waterproof regular paper.

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual sided map
April 02, 10:03am

Re
I'm lucky that my pot and my short burn time allow me to grab it sans holder, but if needed, I could use my watch band as well. Nice idea.

In Multiple Use Gear » A bit of a 'stretch'
April 02, 12:46am

Dual sided map
Another map related idea that struck me. I signed up for trails.com and have been haaaarvesting topo's and guidebooks (gonna save a million PDF's and print as needed so I only need to subsc...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual sided map
April 02, 12:44am

Map printed on shirt?
Ok, so what if you printed a map on your t-shirt, upside down so you could view it without taking it off? Obviously this would only be for well traveled trail navigating, as you would need to remov...

April 02, 12:41am

Re: Holga?
Hahaha, well given how HDR has ruined digital, maybe they would! In any event, I love the square format, and you can't beat 7 oz. I plan on only taking one roll of film for 3 months. Why? Cuz l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bivy on summit?
April 01, 9:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.