BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 141 - 150 of 4601 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...461

Forum » Thread

Re: re: thanks for all the input!
"We're planning to spend the summer in the BWCAW, so I hope she becomes a water dog. Canoeing ought to be a little bit easier on her joints, also. " Hopefully she can will learn to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing with Dogs
February 11, 11:52am

Re: Re: Re: disappointed
Rude? My apologies. I was trying to be sarcastic. Edit: Stephen. No. At folks expecting a thoughtless free ride. (timestamp overlap)

In Gear Deals » REI Changes Return Policy To One Year Time Limit
February 11, 11:39am

Re: disappointed
Yes, it's heartbreaking to make a decision, take over a year to discover it wasn't the right choice, and not be able to get your money back. Violins please....

February 11, 11:30am

Re: REI Changes Return Policy
Old News, and not quite complete . . . "If your item has a manufacturing defect in its materials or workmanship, you can return it at any time." But, yes, the "gear exchang...

February 11, 11:20am

Re: RE: specfic sites to purchase.
Tenkara Bum Starter Kit. Lots of info and a wide variety of gear. Mainsteam Tenkara in the USA. Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee. Higher cost. Limited choices. Good traditional tutorials...

In Fishing » fishing the jmt
February 11, 11:14am

Re: Paul at East Side Sierra
+1 with Paul. And, when you get close to your pickup date, try to get in contact with Paul to see what his schedule looks like. I asked for a 7 am pickup and got it, but he drove past my mo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Experiences with Eastern Sierra Long-Distance Shuttle Services?
February 10, 7:14pm

Re: WTB Tenkara Fishing Setup
Tenkara Bum Starter Kits Used rods , and Erik may be willing to put a kit together for you. Ask when you email him. No vested interest here, just aware of these offerings, as well as ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Tenkara Fishing Setup
February 10, 6:58pm

Re: layer
"My feet get cold easily" Mine did too... For extended days in snowy conditions (in trail runners), I go with a super thin liner sock, then a bread bag or produce bag, then a thick ...

In GEAR » alternative to breadbag socks?
February 10, 11:23am

Re: Best single piece of advice for new UL backpackers? Particularly women?
Dena, I assume you have also asked the participants about Their "biggest fears"? What you are getting here are "Our Biggest Fears" ;-)

In Philosophy & Technique » Best single piece of advice for new UL backpackers? Particularly women?
February 09, 1:49pm

Re: Telescoping Fly Pole
Nice! Never let Perfect get in the way of Good Enough. While the rod-builders are still inside, you're hauling in fish! And that's what is really all about. Thanks.

In Fishing » Telescoping pole
February 08, 10:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm