Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 141 - 150 of 6032 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...604

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mountaineering tents
" The poster of [the] video says it was 25-40MPH.If that's correct..." If he used an wind-gage. Because unless you've had a meter in your hand, standing in the wind, several ti...

In GEAR » mountaineering tents
June 18, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Re: mountaineering tents
70 mph Wind Tunnel Test Enter "DAC Wind Lab" in the YouTube search box for more.

June 18, 7:42am

Re: Re: mountaineering tents
"I wonder what the air speeds were at Everest Base Camp at the time of the avalanche." Someone will calculate it based on damage. But 100 to 200 mph is in the ballpark.

June 17, 10:15pm

Re: aquatabs
From a Aquatabs FAQ - "Are Aquatabs water purification tablets effective against the cysts Giardia and Cryptosporidium? "Aquatabs are effective against Giardia when used as direct...

In Editor's Roundtable » Flash Reviews No. 9
June 17, 6:59pm

Re: Storage or Lockers in Mammoth Lakes
If you have motel reservations for the mid-point and end, ask if they will store for you. I've done it several times, and will be doing it again in July.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Storage or Lockers in Mammoth Lakes
June 17, 2:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kickstarter Project: Learn to Packraft
"It's possible to be a great athlete, musician, mountaineer, whatever and be a horrible project manager." +1 Edit: I speak from experience. Don't ask.

In Packrafting » Kickstarter Project: Learn to Packraft
June 17, 1:53pm

Re: Painful poison oak
"triamcinolone acetonide cream ... but that is probably toxic?" I've used huge amounts of triamcinolone, basically head to toe, for months on end. My doc wasn't worried, and h...

In Chaff » Painful poison oak
June 17, 1:27pm

Re: Re: BG and the Demise of BPL
Dale - Account Closed was the starting post. The thread was hijacked to the locking of Bob's account. Read through Page 2 to get caught up.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BG and the Demise of BPL
June 17, 1:21pm

Re: Re: MSR Aquatabs
From the review - "My (Ryan's) first experience with them was on a trek last year in the High Uinta Wilderness, where high altitude tundra headwaters are heavily contaminated by feces f...

In Editor's Roundtable » Flash Reviews No. 9
June 17, 10:17am

Re: BPL Launches Wiki as Lightweight Backpacking Reference
Seems like you're 7 years late.

In Editor's Roundtable » BPL Launches Wiki as Lightweight Backpacking Reference
June 16, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm