BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 141 - 150 of 5135 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...514

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Record attempt
"There is a strange part of GPS reception. It is called a GPS blunder." So in this case there were 4 consecutive "blunders" - 6:48, 6:54, 7:04 and 7:14 ? (at 7:24 SPOT was...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 26, 2:59pm

Re: Record attempt
^^^^ "Spot reception is funny." Yep. Hard to figure out how it can be off by so much. Edit: This view is towards the southeast.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
July 26, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Re: New, clearer stove regulations are out for Yosemite and SEKI!
Just to stir the pot a bit... from the Inyo National Forest Fire Restrictions page – "Beginning June 27, and until further notice, the following restrictions will be in effect:...."...

In GEAR » New, clearer stove regulations are out for Yosemite and SEKI!
July 25, 8:46pm

Re: Garnet
"The latest SPOT transmission locates Jenn slightly off the trail along the south shore of Garnet Lake." I'd say Significantly off route. The trail cuts across the outlet at the e...

July 25, 7:16pm

Re: Fulfilled
John, Have you set it up and checked it out? Things happen ...

In Gear Swap » URGENT - Got a SMD Haven?!?
July 25, 2:50pm

Re: Best of luck!
Any idea what failed? If it "not closing", either gently squeeze the slider (sometimes it breaks) ... or replace the slider. It's really an easy thing to do and requires very l...

In Gear Swap » URGENT - Got a SMD Haven?!?
July 25, 2:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
From https://twitter.com/aaronkellerbio Aaron Keller: [at ~ 11:15 am PT] "3 mi from Red's Meadow!! All is well!"

July 25, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Sawyer bag
"I imagine there is much lower chance of leaks if you aren't "squeezing," no?" Yep. New Model - Good Lower Chance - Good

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
July 25, 12:08pm

Re: Sawyer bag
^^^ The original Sawyer Squeeze bladders had serious integrity issues. They were prone to developing a leaks at the corners of the thread block.

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
July 25, 11:29am

Re: Great poles
15 ounces.

In Gear Swap » komperdell carbon ultralight vario 4
July 25, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm