Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 141 - 150 of 5464 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...547

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks everyone!
"I may be in for an uphill battle." Dogs are smart. Our dog knows exactly what should happen when I say HERE. If my wife has her in "training mode" a single 'Here...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Puppy ate my manhood
December 22, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Puppy ate my manhood
It's been a while since we've had a puppy... They have a "sensitive" period around 12-16 (?) weeks that you need understand. They need a lot of support and confidence building...

December 22, 12:52pm

Re: Puppy ate my manhood
If you are active, and take your dog along, she'll do fine. If you live in the smooth confines of a city you will need to find trails to toughen her feet before setting out on a 3 day cruise ...

December 22, 12:25pm

Re: 1.1 oz non DWR marpat camo
Which MarPat - Woodland, Desert, Snow ...?

In Make Your Own Gear » 1.1 oz non DWR marpat camo
December 22, 10:19am

Re: Best solo shelter for the Wind Rivers in September
If you decide on a Mid, be sure to use a beefy pole (or two). Occasionally the 'Winds' live up to their name, and if you are camping high you will appreciate something more than a singl...

In GEAR » Best solo shelter for the Wind Rivers in September
December 22, 10:04am

Re: Re: WTB: Forty Below Light Energy TR overboots, size mens: 10-11
^^^ When I ordered mine a few years ago they were custom fit to the shoes I sent them. So IF I were to sell mine I could say they fit a "Teva US 11". But, since all shoes are different...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Forty Below Light Energy TR overboots, size mens: 10-11
December 22, 8:47am

Re: Quicksilver & QTR binding
drift ... Peter - You don't post often, but it is always a pleasure to see the trudge up Chilkoot Pass. Thanks. ... end drift.

In Make Your Own Gear » Northern Lites Snowshoe Mod
December 21, 7:17pm

Re: Eek.
Glochids are way to fine for a comb. Tweezers are the way to go. Keep in mind that if you are careless in boots, you'll get stabbed later when you handle them. And like trail runners, you do...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Advanced-Beginner Trips in the GC?
December 21, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Re: boots or shoes?
All those big spines you see ... you can deal with them. As Ralph mentions above, it's the glochids - - by the dozens, that are the bane of a misstep. They are small, friable, and ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Advanced-Beginner Trips in the GC?
December 21, 5:06pm

Re: Re: h2o fuel release
"In an industrial accident, a spill of 900 kg of chlorine trifluoride burned through 30 cm of concrete and 90 cm of gravel beneath." Was this the stuff in the Alien facehugger?

In Philosophy & Technique » h2o fuel release
December 21, 4:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm