Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ben Smith (goosefeet) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me I am the owner of GooseFeet Gear. I make down socks and waterproof shells to go with them. I also will make custom down pants, jackets, vests, parkas, quilts, mitts, balaclavas, etc. If you need something made, just ask for a quote!
CityMilledgeville
StateGA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.goosefeetgear.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Smith

Showing 141 - 150 of 543 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: GoLite Jam vs Jam2
The Jam2 was made about 3-4 years ago as a replacement to the Jam. They went back to the Jam name shortly thereafter. GoLite packs are heavier as a whole vs what they used to be.

In GEAR » GoLite Jam vs Jam2
October 13, 10:11am

Re: Ibex Indie Merino Wool Hoody baselayer $48.93
The reason you get it so cheap is that the coupon is good for 30% off of a sale or clearance item. A couple Open Country plastic measuring cups make good price filler for free shipping as well.

In Gear Deals » Ibex Indie Merino Wool Hoody baselayer $48.93
October 07, 4:51am

Re: sil stretch
Won't sil stretch even in a hot, steamy rain?

In GEAR » Why does silnylon stretch?
October 04, 1:18pm

Re: Why does silnylon stretch?
An observation-based, non-scientific answer: I believe that the nylon will absorb small amounts of water, softening the threads, and allowing them to stretch and sag. The spinnaker threads are no...

In GEAR » Why does silnylon stretch?
October 04, 11:18am

Re: Idea
Also, from the picture, it looks like the front part of the straps could dig in to the sides of your feet. Obviously, I could make sure the grosgrain was turned so that wouldn't happen on mine...

In Gear Deals » New Test Product - Camp Shoes
October 02, 6:58pm

Re: Idea
Keith, That is a good idea, but would involve a little more time (and thus cost) since I would have to sew the grosgrain to attach it. If you would like me to try a pair like that for you, ...

October 02, 6:54pm

Re: UL
I believe that UL is the best way to go, and UL camp shoes are no exception. I personally do not use camp shoes, but figure other people might, and these could be a good candidate for summer trips...

October 02, 6:00pm

Re: Re: New Test Product - Camp Shoes
Weight is for the pair.

October 01, 2:44pm

New Test Product - Camp Shoes
Huaraches-style camp shoes - 0.7oz in my size XL. They use 1/2" closed-cell foam, and elastic shockcord straps. They come pretied, but you may have to adjust them depending on your speci...

October 01, 2:21pm

Re: goosefeet feedback
Ian, I will do any custom piece of insulation clothing, as well as quilts. I can use any type of fabric that you desire (that is available for purchase). I don't advertise this on my websi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Down Pants: Light, Warm, and Versatile
September 19, 5:33am

All Reader Reviews by Ben Smith

Ben Smith has posted no reviews.